Accommodation: Applied for Derby
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I guess I kind of count...

Name: Rachel
Course: MA Old English Studies
Accommodation: Somewhere with my boyfriend in Lenton Abbey or Beeston we think...
From: Yorkshire, but have been in Notts for three years for my undergrad :smile:
Reply 42
Name: Olufemi Ifaturoti
course: Economics
accommodation: St Peters Court (Enhanced en-suit)
Reply 43
josiebaby_21
Name: Josephine (call me josie!!!)
Course: Politics :s-smilie: *says prayers- i know why*
Accomodation: BGP, larches flat 7,
From: LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well essex really but its in zone 4 so....)

EDIT: Unlike the OP im tooooooooo sociable for my own good ( hey-no offence, you said it).

I am bags of laughs...

think laughing gas- personified.

I always use the "I'm from london, not Essex!" excuse as well! I'm also from Zone 4 :-) anyway I'm Amy (obvs), English Studies, somewhere on Uni Park hopefully :-)
Reply 44
Weejie
I'll make an effort to talk to the grumpy looking lot too. They're usually the type that end up being my friends!

I really pity you! Right now my biggest worry is a puny French oral exam which seems pretty pathetic in comparison, but I will continue to tell myself it is the end of the world nonetheless!

Isn't it open 24/7 :eek: I can imagine the comfortable sleeping areas are snapped up pretty quickly and it soon becomes a territory war :ninja: I'm not even going to ask what sort of contortions you resort to get comfortable in a library!

Oh it's not contortions :smile: If it were you wouldn't be able to sleep. However, I have resorted to contortions in my own bedroom just so I'll wake up from my 2-hour-nap :rolleyes:

Most people don't sleep in the library hehe :biggrin: and I've seen one girl roll out her sleeping-bag under the desk and nap there. It's opened 24/7 so by the time it gets to about 2am, 3am it's pretty empty. It's usually completely empty by about 4, 5am. Don't even ask me how I know this :redface: I would NOT recommend it!

Well, the good news is I've handed in my 5000-word essay WOOO! :biggrin: And STILL I can't talk about anything other than Napoleon:rolleyes: I feel so exhausted :frown: I've got 3 days to revise for my exam, and then 2 weeks to revise for my next exam, and since I got two extensions on my two essays, I still have those to do after my exams :redface: I'm just surprised I'm still functioning, I feel so out of it. *sigh* Just really need a break but there's none to be had. Never cram an essay!!!!!

Hope your French oral went ok btw :smile: I wish I could read French - I'd kill to read Napoleon's memoir in French :p:
Reply 45
josiebaby_21
Name: Josephine (call me josie!!!)
Course: Politics :s-smilie: *says prayers- i know why*
Accomodation: BGP, larches flat 7,
From: LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well essex really but its in zone 4 so....)

EDIT: Unlike the OP im tooooooooo sociable for my own good ( hey-no offence, you said it).

I am bags of laughs...

think laughing gas- personified.

:rofl: hahaha you sound hilarious!!! :biggrin: I can actually imagine laughing gas personified :biggrin: (yes, my humour is rather strange too)
khil
:rofl: hahaha you sound hilarious!!! :biggrin: I can actually imagine laughing gas personified :biggrin: (yes, my humour is rather strange too)

great then, because when i arrive it means i already know someone who knows the ropes... perhaps show me a couple of the club scenes???? eh????

*wiggles eyebrows*- [[that is sooooooooo silly i don't know why i do that]]

who knows maybe i should quit aspirations of trying to join the world of politics and just become a comedienne???

[[nah, the labour party need me tooooooo much]]

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 47
Name: Adam
Course: Maths
Accom: Broadgate Park
Reply 48
josiebaby_21
great then, because when i arrive it means i already know someone who knows the ropes... perhaps show me a couple of the club scenes???? eh????

*wiggles eyebrows*- [[that is sooooooooo silly i don't know why i do that]]

who knows maybe i should quit aspirations of trying to join the world of politics and just become a comedienne???

[[nah, the labour party need me tooooooo much]]

:smile: :smile: :smile:

I'm afraid I don't club :biggrin: I know where the clubs are, though, so I could show you them lol. I'm a dinner/cafe/cinema girl - I know a gorgeous little chocolate cafe in town :smile:

I also know my way around campus :biggrin: ('tis a useful thing to know) but I must say, I have no idea where the Politics dept is... Actually I lie, I do know. I switched from a science course, which means I pretty much know all of campus :biggrin: (some people never end up at the sciencey end of campus you see) Gotta say, the locations of Nightingale and Cavendish still escape me though :ninja:
Reply 49
khil
Oh it's not contortions :smile: If it were you wouldn't be able to sleep. However, I have resorted to contortions in my own bedroom just so I'll wake up from my 2-hour-nap :rolleyes:

Most people don't sleep in the library hehe :biggrin: and I've seen one girl roll out her sleeping-bag under the desk and nap there. It's opened 24/7 so by the time it gets to about 2am, 3am it's pretty empty. It's usually completely empty by about 4, 5am. Don't even ask me how I know this :redface: I would NOT recommend it!

Well, the good news is I've handed in my 5000-word essay WOOO! :biggrin: And STILL I can't talk about anything other than Napoleon:rolleyes: I feel so exhausted :frown: I've got 3 days to revise for my exam, and then 2 weeks to revise for my next exam, and since I got two extensions on my two essays, I still have those to do after my exams :redface: I'm just surprised I'm still functioning, I feel so out of it. *sigh* Just really need a break but there's none to be had. Never cram an essay!!!!!

Hope your French oral went ok btw :smile: I wish I could read French - I'd kill to read Napoleon's memoir in French :p:

Note to self: bring sleeping bag... I know you don't recommend it but I have somewhat of a last minture reputation, so I have a feeling that I'll be filling those empty 4am slots at the library a few times next year :rolleyes:

Good luck with your exams! And I thought my A-level schedule was crammed :s-smilie: If you make it through without collapsing it will be an achievement in itself!

French went mediocre, which is considerably better than I was expecting considering my teacher told me two days before that I was "so terrible, it's frustrating. You have a very irritability factor, do you know that? If I were your examiner I would mark you down for that reason even before attempting to grade your quality... blah... blah....". Yes, we don't get on well. Amusingly I had to discuss an unseen article about school, so I made sure I mentioned that I was bullied by the French departement :wink:
Reply 50
Amy_13
I always use the "I'm from london, not Essex!" excuse as well! I'm also from Zone 4 :-) anyway I'm Amy (obvs), English Studies, somewhere on Uni Park hopefully :-)

Yay, another English Studies-er! I was beginning to think the rest of us had been culled :ninja:
Reply 51
Weejie
Yay, another English Studies-er! I was beginning to think the rest of us had been culled :ninja:

It's just because we're a superior minority really :-)
Reply 52
Weejie
Note to self: bring sleeping bag... I know you don't recommend it but I have somewhat of a last minture reputation, so I have a feeling that I'll be filling those empty 4am slots at the library a few times next year :rolleyes:

Good luck with your exams! And I thought my A-level schedule was crammed :s-smilie: If you make it through without collapsing it will be an achievement in itself!

French went mediocre, which is considerably better than I was expecting considering my teacher told me two days before that I was "so terrible, it's frustrating. You have a very irritability factor, do you know that? If I were your examiner I would mark you down for that reason even before attempting to grade your quality... blah... blah....". Yes, we don't get on well. Amusingly I had to discuss an unseen article about school, so I made sure I mentioned that I was bullied by the French departement :wink:

Your teacher sounds horrible :eek: And besides, her comment just shows that she's not a professional. I remember I got worried that one of my tutors would mark me down cus they didn't like me, and I said that to the tutor who's been looking after me quite a lot. She replied that I have nothing to worry about because that tutor is a professional, and will do their job.

I'm sure you've got a good grade :smile: You will show her! :king1:

Hahaha, well, as a student it is very likely that all of us WILL do an all-nighter at some point. Even some of my most hard-working friends have crammed at least one essay and did an all-nighter :biggrin: I tell you now though, if you don't have to cram, don't - it's not pleasant. Enjoy your first year - do work but reeally enjoy your first year, because once it gets to second year, the pressure is on :s-smilie: if nothing else then simply because it starts counting! :redface:

I've just spent a whole day doing my study diary, which contributes to how they mark one of our exams, though it in itself is non-assessed. Not sure how it works but you just wanna put as much in there as you can! So ran out of time and did a really rough job towards the end and ended up sleeping at 4am, and up for the exam at 9am :redface: Just wasted a day though :frown:

Anyway, got to read for a 3000-word essay in 4 days, write it in 1, then I'll have 2 days left to revise for the same module :biggrin: It's not too bad cus you've basically revised anyway when you write your essays. But that's why I'm telling you: don't cram!!!!! lol *sigh*

I make it sound like it's all work and no fun - it's not true, it's a lot of fun! Just caught me at the wrong time of the year! :biggrin: :redface:
Reply 53
Amy_13
It's just because we're a superior minority really :-)

Yes, that's what we'll tell ourselves when we're the only two at lectures :cool:
Reply 54
khil
Your teacher sounds horrible :eek: And besides, her comment just shows that she's not a professional. I remember I got worried that one of my tutors would mark me down cus they didn't like me, and I said that to the tutor who's been looking after me quite a lot. She replied that I have nothing to worry about because that tutor is a professional, and will do their job.

I'm sure you've got a good grade :smile: You will show her! :king1:

Hahaha, well, as a student it is very likely that all of us WILL do an all-nighter at some point. Even some of my most hard-working friends have crammed at least one essay and did an all-nighter :biggrin: I tell you now though, if you don't have to cram, don't - it's not pleasant. Enjoy your first year - do work but reeally enjoy your first year, because once it gets to second year, the pressure is on :s-smilie: if nothing else then simply because it starts counting! :redface:

I've just spent a whole day doing my study diary, which contributes to how they mark one of our exams, though it in itself is non-assessed. Not sure how it works but you just wanna put as much in there as you can! So ran out of time and did a really rough job towards the end and ended up sleeping at 4am, and up for the exam at 9am :redface: Just wasted a day though :frown:

Anyway, got to read for a 3000-word essay in 4 days, write it in 1, then I'll have 2 days left to revise for the same module :biggrin: It's not too bad cus you've basically revised anyway when you write your essays. But that's why I'm telling you: don't cram!!!!! lol *sigh*

I make it sound like it's all work and no fun - it's not true, it's a lot of fun! Just caught me at the wrong time of the year! :biggrin: :redface:

Meh, she doesn't mark it anyway, so she can think what she likes! If I get an A she'll just tell me she only said it to get my act together anyway :P She's like that.

But cramming is my forté :s-smilie: Hum, thinking I may have to get a bit more organised by September, if your hectic schedule is anything to go by!

It really is rather sad that despite the fact all you've spoken about is how horrific exams are, this post has made me really exited about going to uni...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah ^o)
sssjay
holaaa my name's SJ ! (sarah jayne but that's disgusting so there we go)
my course is microbiologyy
andd i'll be living at sutton bonnington, in the middle of nowhere it seems :| not a frickin clue what room though?
anddd i'm originally from northampton which is also horrifically disgusting.

cannt wait till nottingham eep !

Northampton.. aren't you lucky.. i can't wait to leave either.

Name: Alison
Course: Environmental science
accomadation: BGP, junipers Flat 9 room 6
Reply 56
Alison267

ha ! it's sick, i despise it here !
do you go to school/college in northamptonn or ketteringg?
Reply 57
Alison267

I'm in Junipers too :smile:
sssjay
ha ! it's sick, i despise it here !
do you go to school/college in northamptonn or ketteringg?

I go to northampton college at the moment which is pretty shocking
went school at latimer in kettering tho.
i agree that northampton is terrible.
Reply 59
Weejie
Yes, that's what we'll tell ourselves when we're the only two at lectures :cool:

damn straight! :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending