The Student Room Group

Revision Hell

Is it just me or, after a day of school, do you really have no urge to do any revision what so ever? At the weekends I'm not too bad, its just I get home from school, sit down and watch some TV and end up doing nothing all evening.

I'm looking to get 5 high As (one in General Studies), and am placing a lot of emphasis on revising two of my subjects thoroughly during a week of study leave and two subjects during the week foor half term. Is this likely to be possible? Is anybody else in the same position?

I look forward to hearing anyones opinions.
Same here, hoping for four A grades at AS in science subjects. Sometimes when I get home from college I really don't have the will to revise, but I enjoy my subjects very much, so revision is not too big a problem.
I get depressed when I think about how soon the exams are though :frown:
Reply 2
I'm trying to take some notes from a Biology text book right now, but I just can't be bothered. Motivation is something I lack, unfortunately. I need the panic of an exam being really close to motivate me. Right now, I don't feel any sense of urgency, so I'm revising as hard as I could. :frown:
Reply 3
Tell me about it...

I keep reminding myself that the exams are close, and I'll screw up my future/won't get into my first choice uni if I don't revise, but I still can't seem to motivate myself. I want the study leave period to come NOW!
Reply 4
you're not the only one i'm after 4 As in AS philosophy, politics, law and economics also like you most of the time, particularly after college, i just can't face revision but if you know the subjects relatively well and do some intense revision in the couple of weeks before you should be fine i only did a weeks revision in total for the january modules and got straight As so it can be done
Reply 5
Same her. I am doing 4 science plus critical thinking. When I get home in the evenings I am either too tired or have no motivation to do work. It doesnt help that I only reach home after 5 twice a week. I usually take a nap and only start work after dinner :p: That way I get a minimum of 4 hours of uninterrupted revision.
It depends, I get in around 5, and if it's a good day, i'll revise stuff 'till about 6:40, and then I'll have dinner, watch some TV, think about revision again but not even bother :p:
Reply 7
You're all making me feel guilty about the very little amount of revision I have put in thus far. I think I've written about 2 essays and done about an hour and a half's worth of revision for Psychology.

I really need to get motivated...
Reply 8
I know exactly what you mean - if I have no lessons in the afternoon (once a week that is lol) then I go home and will revise a fair bit but after a full day...
Reply 9
The worst part about is revising is how your brain kinda fluctuates, I hate it when at one point during the day I am absolutely ripping maths/physics/economics questions to shreds then later on I just stare at them and think 'WTF :eek:?!'..
I'm normally so tired when I come back from school that I only do essential work. It's only this week I've started doing more.
Reply 11
Yep, know exactly how you feel. I'm thinking I should just stay in the library for a few hours after lessons so that, without the temptations of TSR, Ebay and Donizetti operas, I have no choice but to do some work. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
I want to get (ideally) 3As and a C. I have been so overloaded with coursework the last few weeks , that I have no time or energy to of done revision in.... =(

Latest

Trending

Trending