The Student Room Group
Reply 1
dont_trust_busdrivers
I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense...

On Microsoft word, is it possible to write equations with the elements proton and mass number, one of top of each other? You know, like in chemistry textbooks e.g for alpha and beta decay reactions? I can't figure out how to do it or if it's possible on word. Should I just hand write them in?

You need a special programme called Mathtype to be able to do it. If you don't have it, then you can't do it, but there's always an easy alternative. Just go into Paint, draw it up and then import the image. Or... just search for it on google, wikipedia (the image that is).
You can do it using the Equation Editor. Not sure how to tell you to get to it because I have the new version of Word and it's a crazy layout. But where you insert a symbol, there should be something about inserting equation (try searching "insert equation" in the Help menu if you can't find it).
In there there's a label called "script". That allows you to so normal subscript and superscript, but you can also do them both on the same letter. If I had to use it I'd do that, but tbh I've always written them in :p:
Thanks so much! I will try that and if it's too much effort, I'll just write it in! :biggrin:
when i do that i dont get anything about equations.

in school we have these vba analysis toolpack thing which means you can write out simplet equations.

I usually write it on by hand - or you could do two small textboxes, with no edge.

Is there something you could do with latex?

Latest