The Student Room Group
Reply 1
To vote for Ken, of course.
Reply 2
^ This. So make him pay and vote Paddick :teeth:
god knows

i got the reminding letter from labour through my door two days ago, all that served me to do was to remind to NOT vote for them
It's an EU thing apparently; all those resident in the country have the vote. It also applies to Scottish and Welsh parliamentary elections, since these are classed as being 'local'.
Ken ftw :king1:
SebKom
Today is the day and since I was invited to vote I really wonder about one thing: I am from Greece, I have been in London since last October, I don't even know the greek politics that well and last, but not least, I am most probably not going to stay in London next year. So, with no intension to criticise, what's the point in letting me vote?

And how on earth are they meant to know that? Would you rather they withheld the right from you? Lunacy.
Reply 7
I already said that I have no intension to criticise! I am just wondering why they are so...easy when it comes to such an important issue.
Reply 8
SebKom
Today is the day and since I was invited to vote I really wonder about one thing: I am from Greece, I have been in London since last October, I don't even know the greek politics that well and last, but not least, I am most probably not going to stay in London next year. So, with no intension to criticise, what's the point in letting me vote?

It is your democratic right as a fellow European.

However, I don't think they should be actively encouraging you to vote. But the right should be there if this is how the EU is to be formed.
Reply 9
SebKom
I already said that I have no intension to criticise! I am just wondering why they are so...easy when it comes to such an important issue.

It's not all that important really; the London Assembly isn't all that powerful.
Reply 10
Because you live in London. How London is run affects you.

Latest

Trending

Trending