The Student Room Group
I'm not sure if you can apply for two at the same uni, but I'm 95% certain that you can apply to both Oxford AND Cambridge for graduate studies :smile:
You can apply to both but I would question your motives for doing so. Both are obviously excellent universities and amongst the best in almost every subject they offer.
However that doesn't mean that they are best in every subsection of every field. I don't know what you are interested in studying but make sure that the unviersity has expertise in the field yo uare interested in. For instance both universities are really top for politics. But if you wanted to quantative political research I don't think you would want to go either because they don't have any expertise. It might be that some other university is therfore better sutied to you

So therfore you have to ask why do I want to do postgraduate study - to become an academic? get a research position in a company? If so the oxbridge label won't count for much. All people within each field know where the best places are and are going to be much more interested in your phd than where you got it from. Therefore its much better to go to a 'lesser' university which is a better fit and write an excellent phd, get resaerch undertaken, get published then try and come to oxbridge simply becusae its oxbridge.
Reply 3
Miranda
Hi

I'd like to do a graduate degree at oxbridge but am not sure if, like for undergrad, am restricted to applying to only one? If not, can I apply to multiple courses? say, 2 courses at ox and 2 at cam?

You can, but as camstudent pointed out, whether it would actually be sensible to do so is another matter.

Latest

Trending

Trending