The Student Room Group
Reply 2
collegeconfidential.com

Edit: Oops. ^ He wins :p:
Reply 3
As with any discussion forum, CC has both its good and bad. Be careful with what you post (admissions officers read the forums), and take responses with a grain of salt. I've been a member since it started and have seen plenty of very wrong information spread on there.
Reply 4
Just visited collegeconfidential.com today (never knew it existed before) and it sucks! Can't believe some of the responses there to be true.
Reply 5
devil09
As with any discussion forum, CC has both its good and bad. Be careful with what you post (admissions officers read the forums)

They do? How will they know who you are?
Reply 6
There really isn't one comparable one. I suggest sticking around here. Plenty of Americans here. :smile: A majority of the people at places like the one named above tend to be egotistic snobs.
Reply 7
Tajel
They do? How will they know who you are?

Yep. Off the top of my head, I've seen admissions officers from MIT, Caltech, Duke, Chicago, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, Rochester, and a few others post there.

As far as identifying you, well, that depends on how much detailed info you provide. One Harvard interviewer (Northstarmom) said that she once interviewed an applicant whose resume looked very familiar; she realized he had been posting on the Harvard forum. :rolleyes:
I don't like CC with its interminable "chances" threads and crawling attitudes. We need some more cynicism, as on TSR.
CC has some good info, but you have to make sure who's posting it. It also has some overly ambitious 14yr olds talking about Harvard, although they know nothing about it.
Also, in the aforementioned idiotic 'chances' threads, there are a lot of unwarranted "You won't be able to get in, so don't apply" comments made towards people who often would have a good chance. It makes me wonder if they're trying to clear out the competition.
Perhaps, but their parents and college counsellors are likely to have more influence than a chat room. I can't stand the smarmy tone of the place.
Northstarmom Is A Harvard Interviewer?i Didn't Know That.

Latest