The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
amateurish
well, it utilises science (carbon dating etc) but it isn't a science itself (imo). a lot of it is about looking at things and going 'hmm, what could this be? oh, a pot. maaarvellous. from this i can deduce that everyone was a transvestite'. etc. not that i had a bad time with archaeology or anything :wink:

:tongue:, you can't put me off, it's just not possible!!
I did mean that in a light hearted way though, I see archaeology as a science because I want to, it's the science side of it that interests me most, but the beauty of the subject is that it can be either!! It's such a diverse subject, pretty much encompassing everything I enjoy about anything else! :biggrin:
Katie J
:tongue:, you can't put me off, it's just not possible!!
I did mean that in a light hearted way though, I see archaeology as a science because I want to, it's the science side of it that interests me most, but the beauty of the subject is that it can be either!! It's such a diverse subject, pretty much encompassing everything I enjoy about anything else! :biggrin:

haha, i wouldn't dream of trying to put you off ;0) i think you're right though; it's open to interpretation, & that's probably what makes it so attractive to the people who love it :smile:
Katie J
I have edited my post for you, would the others who have quoted me on that please do the same? I agree naming publicly isn't nice, sorry for any offence. I will use PM if asked again for peoples' names, I did consider it at the time but I let my frustration get the better of me, I honestly do apologise.

I will be emailing my DoS at the end of the week (as all us Newnham arch & anthers are) if the situation isn't improved, as someone rightly pointed out we don't have time to be messed around and it does need sorting.

Katie, I wasn't getting at you and I understand your frustration! It's just something like that could identify you as much as anything else.

I hope it gets sorted for you.

I don't really do emoticons but here's one especially for you. :smile:

E
Reply 43
earthmother
Katie, I wasn't getting at you and I understand your frustration! It's just something like that could identify you as much as anything else.

I hope it gets sorted for you.

I don't really do emoticons but here's one especially for you. :smile:

E

Just take a look at the new cambridge student thread... you can identify just about anyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending