The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Ne1 know about entry requirments?

Hi,

I have been looking at various uni's and just wondered if ne1 knows whether you can get accepted even if ur AS arnt good enough,eg:

I got BBC (at AS)and i need ABB (A-LEVEL)to get into LSE, but i am retaking and belive i can get the grades this summer ,will they still consider me?

Ne response would be great,
Reply 1
They will consider you application, but LSE is a top class uni, even though they ask for ABB most of their applicants will in the end get AAA at A-level. Just make sure you do well in the retakes and you'll boost your chances. :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
hi,

whats bristol like?
Reply 3
Loads of people will tell you its a sh**hole, but it only depends on where you go, i mean around the uni buildings is perfectly fine, Whiteladies rd/Part st had the highest density of clubs and restaurants in Europe, so u won't run out of places to go. The type of students vary, hippies!! multicultural etc. Ummm I got an e-mail today from them saying "they acknowledge my application and will forward it to the admissions tutor" but personally I don't wanna go there, only because I live here and my parents would expect me to stay at home.
Jimmy1000
Hi,

I have been looking at various uni's and just wondered if ne1 knows whether you can get accepted even if ur AS arnt good enough,eg:

I got BBC (at AS)and i need ABB (A-LEVEL)to get into LSE, but i am retaking and belive i can get the grades this summer ,will they still consider me?

Ne response would be great,

You dont need ABB to get into LSE, itl be closer to AAA and if youre applying with BBC from AS (when most will be applying with AAAA) youl need one hell of a good reference and PS etc.
Reply 5
an Siarach
You dont need ABB to get into LSE, itl be closer to AAA and if youre applying with BBC from AS (when most will be applying with AAAA) youl need one hell of a good reference and PS etc.

do u think the fact that i am from a state school will help?
Coming from a state school doesn't mean you were necessarily disadvantaged. In this day and age, so many people with AAA (which is pretty common) are from sixth form colleges. Still worth trying for though. They might actually see it your way!
Reply 7
calamity jane
Coming from a state school doesn't mean you were necessarily disadvantaged. In this day and age, so many people with AAA (which is pretty common) are from sixth form colleges. Still worth trying for though. They might actually see it your way!

waht about the subjects i picked eg,maths physics,law and politics

Will they look at the fact i have done maths and physics,favourably?
Reply 8
Jimmy1000
waht about the subjects i picked eg,maths physics,law and politics

Will they look at the fact i have done maths and physics,favourably?

nope its cheating :wink: there is such a bridge between mechanics and physics- you can do one you could probably do the other- in hindsight you should have done chem instead of phyics or concentrate on stats

Latest