The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Right, I'm a bit delayed but I've got all my choices nevertheless, just trying to figure out where to go which is the hardest! But defo not liverpool...

Edinburgh - ABC, A in maths
Liverpool - ABB with a B in Maths.
Sheffield - ABC, A in Maths
York - ABB, A in maths
St Andrews - ABB, A in maths
G1C8/GC18 (Math/Psychology) -
St Andrews: Conditional Offer (34 points with a 6 in Math HL)
Royal Holloway: Conditional Offer (32 points with a 6 in Math HL)
Birmingham: Waiting...

G1N2/GN12 (Math with Management) -
Imperial: Waiting....
Nottingham: Rejected
Edinburgh: Conditional offer (30 pts with a 5 in Math HL)
Reply 82
All G100 (Straight 3yr maths)

Bristol - AAB
Bath - Pending
Cambridge - Rejection
Imperial - A(Maths)A(F.Maths)B(Economics) <== First Choice!!!
UCL - A(Maths)ABb
Warwick - 4 different offers AAB/AABb/AAA etc.
Reply 83
Nottingham-Math/Management-AAB
Warwick-MMorse-Still waiting- :-(
Warwick-Math&stats-AAB
LSE-Actuarial Sci-Shortlisted

:-( MMORSE is my first choice, why haven't i heard!!!!
Damn jmz, you've got an offer from nottingham for the course i was applying too?! what was your predicted scores?
Reply 85
Anyone got any plus points for Warwick Durham EA or Exeter for maths/computing? I have no idea where to choose!!!!
Reply 86
Mithrandir
i thought it would be intresting to start a thread to find out what sort of offers people are getting for maths. ive had a offer from Nottingham-AAB and a yet unspecified conditional offer from Bristol

AB offer from york, durham, UCL, imperial
BC from Kings C London
AA from Oxford

Anyone know which would make a good insurance? :confused: I'm way confused!
Reply 87
tenniscraze
Damn jmz, you've got an offer from nottingham for the course i was applying too?! what was your predicted scores?

I was predicted an A in maths, B in further maths, B in Economics and B in Physics.
I have to get A in maths, B in Further and another A so its not going to be easy!
Yeah it's not easy, but my predicted was like 36 points in IB, which is equivalent to like an AAB or ABB in A-levels..
Bath AAA
Warwick (MORSE) AAB (<== loads of different offers for this)
Bristol AAB
Oxford AAA
Imperial AAB
Durham AAB

As you can see all high offers, which goes to show that I should have applied to a couple of universities with lower offers just to have as an insurance....
bristol: AAB
warwick: AAB etc
bath: AAA
cardiff: 300 points
exeter: interview last wednesday, waiting
cambridge: rejection after pooling

don't know where to go!!!! can't wait to get out of school though....
Reply 91
My life is complete.
(Well, my university offer list is)
Reply 92
see below ! I dont know what to chosee though!! It'll be one of Bath or warwick for my first choice then Warwick or Exeter for my second choice! i dont know!!
Hello. I have offers for Maths and Physics (joint degree):

Bath- AAB (AAMaths/physics)
Bristol - have to go to open day to get it...
Exeter - Have to go to interview to get it...
St. Andrews - AAB (2nd yr entry)
York - ABB (inc. Gen Studies)
Warwick - AAA

It's either Warwick/Bath first, then York for insurance. I'm unsure as to whether I will be able to get AAA (predicted AAB) , so dont know whether Warwick would take me if I was to get AAB.
KidneyThief
Hello. I have offers for Maths and Physics (joint degree):

Bath- AAB (AAMaths/physics)
Bristol - have to go to open day to get it...
Exeter - Have to go to interview to get it...
St. Andrews - AAB (2nd yr entry)
York - ABB (inc. Gen Studies)
Warwick - AAA

It's either Warwick/Bath first, then York for insurance. I'm unsure as to whether I will be able to get AAA (predicted AAB) , so dont know whether Warwick would take me if I was to get AAB.

WTF! why have u stolen my name, grrr....
whoops..... a friend suggested the name to me... but i had no idea someone else had it! i'll just get another user name..... :rolleyes:
Reply 96
Just got a rejection for the actuarial science course at LSE-gutted.
Reply 97
Offers / Pending as below....
Trying to work out where to go - changing my mind regularly...

Durham is Durham, lovely place - the whole collegiate system, but its sooooo far (I'm right down nr. Salisbury).

I love Warwicks campus, and the new maths block looks fantastic, its in coventry which is a major downer, but they say you'll never need to leave the campus - all well and good in the first year, but what about when you have to live in leam? 40 minute bus journey twice every day - no thanks!

I don't really know anything about East Anglia yet - so can't say a lot for that yet, but visiting on Saturday.

Lastly Exeter. This is my favourite for today, I love the city, the campus is wonderfull, the department looks acceptable! Disadvantage - lower entrance grades, so does that mean it'll be full of people who dont wanna be there as it was only their second choice or something, or those who couldnt reaslistically get into higher unis? Why do they have to offer lower grades - will they not get enough applicants if they offer higher grades...hmmm.

Any thoughts on any of these uni's, positive or negative would be greatly appreciated!

(Only made one decision - I've ruled out Bristol - too close to home and I prefer a proper campus)
I live near to you! You can fly up to Newcastle from Southampton, it only takes an hour and a half and isn't that expensive.
Reply 99
SiAnY
I live near to you! You can fly up to Newcastle from Southampton, it only takes an hour and a half and isn't that expensive.

u live in soton... i used to live in bassett

Latest