The Student Room Group

A2 AQA A Unit 7- Fieldwork Investigation

So, i'm assuming everyone has got the pre-release material now? I got mine today and i'm so pleased!
Managing cities is my favourite module (:rolleyes:) and Leeds is only 20mins away on the train so i go there all the time. We did some fieldwork there last year and we're going again in 2 weeks to do some fieldwork based on the material.
I realise, though, that most candidates won't live near Leeds, so if there's anything in particular you wanted to know relating to the pre-release material feel free to ask me and i'll do my best to find out when my class go on our fieldtrip!

I thought this thread might be useful to discuss the material and share ideas/moans/worries about the paper- 18th June 2008! :smile:
Reply 1
i have to do my field work exam aqa a2 spec a in january, how far in advance will i be able to find what it is on?
Reply 2
si22
i have to do my field work exam aqa a2 spec a in january, how far in advance will i be able to find what it is on?

The pre-release material for the fieldwork exam in january is usually issued on the 1st december, so you get a good 6-8 weeks of working with it. It is possible to find out what module it will be on before this though- your teacher should know nearer the time. Despite not getting the pre-release material until a few days ago, my teacher knew it was going to be about 'managing cities' for a long while.
Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
limbic
So, i'm assuming everyone has got the pre-release material now? I got mine today and i'm so pleased!
Managing cities is my favourite module (:rolleyes:) and Leeds is only 20mins away on the train so i go there all the time. We did some fieldwork there last year and we're going again in 2 weeks to do some fieldwork based on the material.
I realise, though, that most candidates won't live near Leeds, so if there's anything in particular you wanted to know relating to the pre-release material feel free to ask me and i'll do my best to find out when my class go on our fieldtrip!

I thought this thread might be useful to discuss the material and share ideas/moans/worries about the paper- 18th June 2008! :smile:

how are you preparing for this exam? need all the help i can get!
Reply 4
I'm desperately trawling through past papers as we type, lol.
Jan 2005 on the AQA website is about counter-urbanisation, so sort of similar. I'm also doing the stats on the past papers (Spearman Rank, etc) to get used to the style of questions.

Just try to anticipate what questions could be asked (some are repeated over the years):
'How did Figure 1 provide a stimulus?'
'Why is Leeds a good location for this study?'

I reckon Nearest Neighbour might pop up- so maybe have a look over that?

I'm absolutely dreading this paper! Why can't my class have done the cwk option?! Grr :rolleyes:
Reply 5
whats the nearest neighbour thing?
Reply 6
mrblue
whats the nearest neighbour thing?

You can use it to determine if things are 'clustered'. So, for example, whether clothes shops in Leeds CBD are clustered together or evenly distributed.
helpppppp what am i going to do anyone any advice on what i should do tonight to help me for tomorrow
xxxx
Reply 8
know ur fieldwork inside out

especially methods of analysis
spearmans rank, etc
Reply 9
we havent done anything to do with spearmans rank, chi squared, nearest neighbour... etc.

should we?

Latest

Trending

Trending