The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ChandniR
Oh ok, I must have missed that, I only remember reading the bit where it said within one week...oh well.
A few people from my school recieved emails last night, from those that I've spoken to one got in and two didn't.

Oh... Well no e-mail for me so far

At least you are informed if you didn't get in, so if we haven't got e-mails, it's not them being rude deciding not to tell people you didn't get in
Reply 41
Yeh that is good...I haven't got an email yet either...do you know if they would send emails over the weekend?? Or will it be Monday now?
Reply 42
ChandniR
Yeh that is good...I haven't got an email yet either...do you know if they would send emails over the weekend?? Or will it be Monday now?

You've made me all nervous why I haven't got one but some people have

Sense would dictate that they sent them all at once, because if half a group of friends from a school got one, and some people didn't, rumours would speculate

Hmm, well were they sent late last night? if they were, then if he is working out of hours to do that, it is liekly that he will work out of hours (in the weekend) to send ours....

But my guess is not

Maybe they have have sent out the definate yes's and definate no's, and have a maybe pile?

.... :s-smilie:
Reply 43
Trust me it made me stupidly nervous too when I found out I hadn't got an email but some people at my school had, I was on my way out later for the night and I kept thinking about it! I think it was around 6ish that they got the email...is that out of hours???
Reply 44
Not really....

I keep thinking I've written my address down so they can't read it!

I'm sure it'll be ok, whether we get in or not...
Reply 45
haha....that thought ran through my head a few times to
Reply 46
What did you apply for?
Reply 47
Maths...I think I was talking to you before as welll...you applied for social sciences??
Reply 48
*checks back a page*

Yes, yes we were - I have the memory of a goldfish sometimes! Woops, sorry :biggrin:
Reply 49
haha...me too, i didn't realise until I looked back to check either
Reply 50
well, this is abit weird, i mean, i applied as well, and i still haven't got an email, whether i've been accepted or not.... :s
Reply 51
Maybe certain subjects were done first?
Reply 52
__Katy
Maybe certain subjects were done first?

well now theres an idea...i htink your probably right...
Reply 53
SORRY...correction from what i said before...the people that I have spoken to did not get into the summer school...that's 3 people I have spoken to..there was some miscommunication between me and a friend!
Reply 54
ChandniR
SORRY...correction from what i said before...the people that I have spoken to did not get into the summer school...that's 3 people I have spoken to..there was some miscommunication between me and a friend!

I don't suppose you know if they all applied to Medicene do you?

Because that would be the most over subscribed subject with the most very able candidates, so it makes sense that they tackle that subject first...

Optimism, guys, optimism!
Well I applied for social sciences, and haven't heard back yet, if that helps.
Reply 56
__Katy
I don't suppose you know if they all applied to Medicene do you?

Because that would be the most over subscribed subject with the most very able candidates, so it makes sense that they tackle that subject first...

Optimism, guys, optimism!

i know that one of them applied for medicine
loong story coming....so my mate that applied for medicine got the rejection letter and forwarded it to me coz i wanted to read it, and the email was sent from cambridge to several people, my email address was on that list but it was spelt incorrectly with one letter difference which is why i didnt recieve the email...so yeh i applied for maths and therefore didnt get in...so i dont think its just the medicine applicants...
Reply 57
ChandniR
i know that one of them applied for medicine
loong story coming....so my mate that applied for medicine got the rejection letter and forwarded it to me coz i wanted to read it, and the email was sent from cambridge to several people, my email address was on that list but it was spelt incorrectly with one letter difference which is why i didnt recieve the email...so yeh i applied for maths and therefore didnt get in...so i dont think its just the medicine applicants...

could you post the emails that were rejected as others from here may have spelt them wrong, or failing that, could you PM them to me to see if my email adress is on there
Reply 58
theultimate
could you post the emails that were rejected as others from here may have spelt them wrong, or failing that, could you PM them to me to see if my email adress is on there

You had the same idea as me :P:
could you please do the same for me?

And me please? i applied for langauges and haven't heard back yet either...

Latest

Trending

Trending