The Student Room Group

The Ultimate "OMG Help me with my EE" Thread

Scroll to see replies

loucrane
the culture one isgood because it takes into account an international quality. however i would make sure you clearly define what you mean by "our culture" and "other cultures" do you mean british vs others, western vs eastern, western europe vs eastern europe etc.

Ok thanxs I guess i could phrase that like this:

'to what extent does western cultures compared to eastern cultures affect the rate at which people develop depression?'
Reply 61
or to what extent do western and eastern cultures cultivate differing psycological problems.

it depends if you think you can write 4000 words solely on depression! if you can then no problem!
loucrane
or to what extent do western and eastern cultures cultivate differing psycological problems.

it depends if you think you can write 4000 words solely on depression! if you can then no problem!

thanks for the help...um mind if I use that?

now that you mention it 4000 words on depression might be a bit boring///
Reply 63
not at all. i dont do pyschology so it doesn't affect me in the slightest :smile:
you can give me some rep points as a thankyou if you like!
good luck with the essay!
loucrane
not at all. i dont do pyschology so it doesn't affect me in the slightest :smile:
you can give me some rep points as a thankyou if you like!
good luck with the essay!

lol will do. Thanks again:yep:
Reply 65
My topic idea is Vietnam War. But I don't really know what to focus on. I thought I would do something about the anti-war movement in America.

But, I am still really beginning on my research. Does anyone have any suggestion for topics?

Thank you!!:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
Reply 66
I don't know anything about history but my advice is to keep it VERY specific. Also if you do it on something that is in your history course it will cut out a lot of research time!
Reply 67
Well, as you're probably already aware, there's quite a number of things you can talk about in the Vietnam War. Your preliminary research should help you narrow down the things that you're interested in. For instance, do you want to focus on the war itself, or the impact of the US public? If you wanted to look at the war itself, there are several controversial issues, such as the use of Chemical warfare, the Vietnamese people's perceptions of the US soldiers/Viet Cong, and so on. For those topics, you could probably pick an issue and see how it impacted a certain event. For instance, "how did the use of Chemical warfare impact the perceptions of the war on the part of US citizens?" or "How did popular sympathy for the Viet Cong detract from the US' ability to establish a stable regime in the Vietnam War?". On the "home front" side, you can look at things such as "how did media coverage alter US citizens' perceptions of the war" and "How did the national teach-ins/student protests impact the end of the war?", or even "to what extent did media coverage enable the mass student protests against the war?". As you can see, there are quite a lot of topics available to you. As Viola said, though, its important to be specific. The examples might actually still be a bit too broad, and you might want to focus on specific events/battles, but hopefully they will give you some idea of what you could study. As always, talk to your adviser to get suggestions about whether or not a particular topic is too broad/specific.

Hope that helps,
illu45
Reply 68
Wow thank you so much Viola and especially to your topic suggestions Illu! :smile:

I also got another suggestion from someone: Why was the Tet Offensive of 1968 the turning point in the Vietnam War?

good? bad? :|
Reply 69
:hoppy: bump!
Reply 70
Well, focusing on a specific event is probably a good way to go. Although I don't know much about the Tet Offensive, I think that IB generally tends to prefer questions that look at "to what extent something impacted something else?", so you might find it better to look at "To what extent was the Tet Offensive of 1968 the turning point of the Vietnam War?". Of course, this would mean that you would have to examine both sides of the argument (the side that claims it was a turning point and the side that claims it wasn't), but I imagine that you could argue for one over the other. Again, speaking to your adviser will probably be helpful in getting advice on focusing your paper.
Reply 71
illu45
Well, focusing on a specific event is probably a good way to go. Although I don't know much about the Tet Offensive, I think that IB generally tends to prefer questions that look at "to what extent something impacted something else?", so you might find it better to look at "To what extent was the Tet Offensive of 1968 the turning point of the Vietnam War?". Of course, this would mean that you would have to examine both sides of the argument (the side that claims it was a turning point and the side that claims it wasn't), but I imagine that you could argue for one over the other. Again, speaking to your adviser will probably be helpful in getting advice on focusing your paper.

yay tytytyty illu :woo: thanks again! :biggrin:

I just finished my historical investigation 10 mins ago, and now I'm going to start on reading about the Tet Offensive ! :eek3: :eek3: Thanks for all the help everyon! I really appreciate it! :]
Reply 72
heyy :smile: so i've decided to do my extended essay in Visual arts..
im thinking down the lines of tattoos, but the history of tattoos sounds boring..anyone got any ideas?? pls help me! i need to formulate the question by tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!:s-smilie:
Reply 73
dami1003
heyy :smile: so i've decided to do my extended essay in Visual arts..
im thinking down the lines of tattoos, but the history of tattoos sounds boring..anyone got any ideas?? pls help me! i need to formulate the question by tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!:s-smilie:

That actually sounds quite interesting to me.

Perhaps the cultural importance or role of tattoos? Like the Maori Ta moko (facial tattoos symbolising status within the community etc). Might be a bit narrow spectrum though....
Reply 74
that sounds interesting! :smile: thanks..
my teacher was also talking about tattoo symbolism ?
tattooing isnt an art form, so she was telling me to think of that too.. :s-smilie:
im SOOOOOOOOOO confused.
Reply 75
that sounds interesting! :smile: thanks..
my teacher was also talking about tattoo symbolism ?
tattooing isnt an art form, so she was telling me to think of that too.. :s-smilie:
im SOOOOOOOOOO confused.
Reply 76
Can I see someone's Psychology EE, not to copy because the topic will be different (mine's ADHD), but to see the format, because we received no guidance or information from any teachers? Please,. e-mail

Mod edit: Email in post
AIY12
Can I see someone's Psychology EE, not to copy because the topic will be different (mine's ADHD), but to see the format, because we received no guidance or information from any teachers? Please,. e-mail

Just sent you an email- hope it helps...It's headed as 'Psychology Extended Essay Example'
Reply 78
Well, moving to this thread then.. :smile: I was just wondering (try not to roll your eyes.. :biggrin:) that could I have even the slightest chance to link wikipedia as a one source breafly if I just comment how unreliable it can be.. just to avoid plagiarism and since I don't have any books on scandinavian mythology, that would be my only actual source.. :/ and I dont like the needle-in-a-haystack thing, if I would try to browse the web.. probably not finding anything..
Reply 79
Jcat
Well, moving to this thread then.. :smile: I was just wondering (try not to roll your eyes.. :biggrin:) that could I have even the slightest chance to link wikipedia as a one source breafly if I just comment how unreliable it can be.. just to avoid plagiarism and since I don't have any books on scandinavian mythology, that would be my only actual source.. :/ and I dont like the needle-in-a-haystack thing, if I would try to browse the web.. probably not finding anything..

evaluating sources is great, but wikipedia as your only source is a bit of a no-no imo.

are you sure your local library doesnt have anything on it?
maybe you could invest some money on books :s-smilie:

scandinavian mythology won't be too difficult to dig up on the internet though.

what exactly are you looking for?
i read your other thread, daemons in his dark materials (i've read the books too) but how would you connect that to scandinavian myths?

Quick Reply

Latest