The Student Room Group

Wage issues - please help!

Hiya,

I currently work in a Pizza Hut branch as a receptionist. I've been working there since December last year, and I enjoy it etc. etc. We've just turned into PHQ so I'll be working at the back of the house too (making Pizzas).

I'm currently on £5.52 p/h- I turn 18 next month. I wasn't given a formal interview, I was sat down with one of the managers who asked me when I could work, and wrote out my page slip for that amount. That was the reason I took the job.

My friend is the same age as me, but is only on £4.24 p/h. However, neither of us have said anything. A new guy joined a week or so ago, and mentioned how his friend was being over paid by Pizza Hut a while back, and when he left he received a letter saying he had to pay it all back (He owed about £200 because of it.) I'm now incredibly worried! I don't have alot of money, as I have to pay for quite a few things monthly - and I can only work 8 hours a week as I am still in college - so have no savings.

What are my rights? Will the same thing happen to me? I have never signed a contract that I am aware of, but the terms of me taking the job was that wage bracket.

Please help!

Latest

Trending

Trending