The Student Room Group
aisling
What in heaven's name is the deal with this 'tracking' business?The UCAS site is singularly unhelpful about it. :rolleyes:
Just what exactly is is meant to inform you of??? :confused: Can I check if Oxford have processed my application through it? Or does it just tell you if you have an offer? Weeeery confusinks!

It's just the offer decision. If you have applied, you should have received a password and an application number (after about 2 to 3 working days), which you can use to log into UCAS Track: http://www.ucas.co.uk/appenq/index.html

It basically then lists all the universities and courses you applied to and their decision and you can amend your contact details and tell them to e-mail you once a university has made a decision.

Oh and I think Oxford send your school a letter with all the information of the applicants (I saw one lying around on the desk of the Head of Sixth Form) with a table of Name | College | Course.

Exciting stuff. :rolleyes: :tongue:
Reply 2
Oxford don't really use UCAS, they send letters instead. I remember that when I recieved my offer UCAS wasn't informed for another 2 months, so even though I had an AAB offer, UCAS tracker still said "under consideration", or something.
BazTheMoney
Oxford don't really use UCAS, they send letters instead. I remember that when I recieved my offer UCAS wasn't informed for another 2 months, so even though I had an AAB offer, UCAS tracker still said "under consideration", or something.

Thanks for that. Might happen with me then.
Reply 4
BazTheMoney

They can be quite sneaky as well... in my original offer letter it said AAB with at least a B in Latin. Nearly 3 months later when they finally got round to updating UCAS it said AAB (we would prefer you to get an A in Latin- see letter from institution). hmph. Not that it really mattered, of course. But hmph nonetheless.
Reply 5
UCAS sickens me. Wait for letters in the post!

Latest

Trending

Trending