The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

At my college the exam papers are already on the desks before we go into the exam but no teachers are allowed into the exam room before the students get let in then the only get to have a quick look through the paper after we have started the exam and if anyone is on clash timetable they have to stay in the exam room with the invigilators during the time between exams so they cannot get any hints from teachers or other students.
Speedbird2008
At my school the papers are in the staff room, and the chief Biology AQA examiner teaches my friends Biology.

He obviously has to maintain professionalism, though. :eek:

but surely he has an idea of what is coming up, so surely he is going to aim their revision towards that, even if it is subconcious
Reply 22
Jadel_L
It depends on the school and the subject i think. My maths exam was in the afternoon so we spent all morning with our maths teachers and a few of the questions he gave us were almost identical to what was in the exam, just a few letters were changed, the numbers all stayed the same. He didn't actually tell us that was in the exam but we all knew anyway.

Something similar happened with my biology and chemistry but i think that was more of the teachers guessing what was in them rather than actually seeing the paper.
I guess i just had really nice teachers

That's a tad unfair on the rest of the country's pupils I say. Seems too much of a coincidence for the questions to be the same as for the exam.
eulerwaswrong
but surely he has an idea of what is coming up, so surely he is going to aim their revision towards that, even if it is subconcious

Most probably, yes.
Reply 24
i was talking to somebody who is a courier, and he actually deals out the exam papers to the schools in the area where he does it. and he said that if any package contaning exams even remotely looked like it was tampered with he would get a £250,000 fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all in all not worth cheating, :smile:

Latest