The Student Room Group

Maths & Psychology BSc

Hello! I am new to this forum, so please be gentle!

Basically, I have just started studying for a Dual Honours in Psychology and Sociology and am not really enjoying the Sociology part of it. I did maths at A Level and really enjoyed it - I love having a question and having to work through it. It's great!

My uni are quite kind in that they give you 4 weeks from the start of your studies to apply to swap - I'm seriously considering doing this. I'm just wondering if anyone studying maths can tell me whether missing the first few weeks will seriously handicap me in anyway. I like to think I'm pretty good at maths and, because I enjoy it, I don't see any problems with doing the extra work (obviously!).

Does anyone do the combination of Maths and Psych? What's it like?
Reply 1
I dont think it will at all. The first few weeks will be making sure you are all the same standard, so very quickly going throught the A-level syllabus, and then introducing some new topics.
From the questions that ppl on here doing maths at uni are getting at the moment, they havent got very far, just getting used to new notation and new topics. You wont find it hard to catch up, just a bit of extra work.

Latest