The Student Room Group

Hair emergancy, any haridressers here?

OK I spelt 'hairdressers' wrong due to being so scared..

Oh my god Im going to die. I've bleached my hair and now the roots are pratically white, and the rest bright orange.

To make it worse it seems as though my hair is breaking when you so much as touch it. Unless I'm just being paranoid.

Oh my god Im so scared! I have some brown dye and blonde dye at home, need to get rid of this awful colour but dont know if it will make it worse, or if my hair will all fall out if i do!

Help me please!

(p.s - Im sure this is all very amusing to some of you guys.. :biggrin: )

Scroll to see replies

I'd advise against dyeing it any further. That doesn't sound wise. And head for the hairdressers tomorrow. Wear a hat on the way there.
First of all, stay calm.
The same happened to my friend around a year ago, but then when she put another colour on top of it, it came out fine. I think your safest option however, would be to wait until tomorrow, and then go to your hairdressers to see if she can sort it out!
Good luck!
Reply 3
Easy fix. Tomato ketchup can undo the effect that the bleach has had on the hair.

Just rub the ketchup through your hair and rinse it after about 20mins. And hey presto bob's your uncle.
nofo
Easy fix. Tomato ketchup can undo the effect that the bleach has had on the hair.

Just rub the ketchup through your hair and rinse it after about 20mins. And hey presto bob's your uncle.

Seriously? Because that's amazing.
Reply 5
nofo

Are you joking me? Will it take the orange out?!
Reply 6
nofo

I thought that was a tip for if chlorine turned your hair green.
Reply 7
OK I dont think Im going to give the ketchup idea a go. Google said it didnt work :frown:

I'm thinking of dying over it. It seriously cant be worse than it is now..
I think if you dye it over it should be ok. My friend's hair was fine after she dyed it.
Ps: If you do this and it doesn't work don't sue me or anything for giving bad advice!
Hmm..I really wouldn't try playing around with anymore dyes (repeating what everyone else has said).
I don't know about the ketchup, have heard it before, not tried it though..

Splodge a load of conditioner on and leave it in for quite a while (if your hair feels like it's breaking, conditioning can strenthen it) - then head to the hairdressers tomorrow..

Good Luck!
Reply 10
Penny Crayon
OK I dont think Im going to give the ketchup idea a go. Google said it didnt work :frown:

Meh, your own loss.
Penny Crayon

Do you have no brain whatsoever? You put dye on it once and it ****s up, so you're going to put MORE on?

Book an appointment with your hairdresser asap and next time don't do anything as drastic as bleaching at home.
Reply 12
Penny Crayon

Okay, I mean who cares if their hair fall out anyway? lol

1000th Post :biggrin:
Reply 13
my friends hair did that. . . so she dyed it green :p: worked a treat :biggrin:
I'd agree with conditioning the crap out of it and waiting till tomorrow.
Reply 15
Joanna May
Do you have no brain whatsoever? You put dye on it once and it ****s up, so you're going to put MORE on?

Book an appointment with your hairdresser asap and next time don't do anything as drastic as bleaching at home.

Oh I'm so sorry. Like you've never made a mistake.

I bleached it, and I was thinking of dying over it, not dying it twice.
Penny Crayon
Are you joking me? Will it take the orange out?!

The orange isn't a colour you can 'take out'... the ends of your hair are dead and don't get as much warmth from your head so the bleach doesn't react in the same way. So your roots are lighter from the warmth. The instructions should have told you that!

Dying over bad bleach jobs is an option if you're seriously careful about what you're doing and it's going to involve a touch of jiggery pokery if you want your roots to match your hair and by the sounds of it... hair dying isn't exactly your forte. If anything, for tonight I'd seriously take care of your hair. Cover it in conditioner and wrap your head in cling film to lock it all in and then leave it alone. Wash the conditioner out in the morning and hop along to your hairdressers for advice. Unless you're dying it an unnatural colour but using natural dyes then it's best to get advice :smile:
Reply 17
Penny Crayon

Don't dye over it right away. Your hair sounds damaged enough from the bleaching, so the chemicals in the dye will only make things worse. If you dye it then the ends of your hair will most likely split and fall out whenever you brush/comb it. I know a fair few people who have done this to their hair, and it was falling out for months after, looked as if they were malting :p:
I recommend you go to a hairdresser asap and ask for their advice, but they will most likely tell you to put deep conditioning treatments on it for a couple of weeks before bleaching or dying it again.
What dye did you use?

(as a caution to the rest of us)
Reply 19
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
What dye did you use?

(as a caution to the rest of us)

Some people can be so selfish and just think of themselves. Am I right?

Latest