The Student Room Group

Edexcel PHY3 Practical

Okay, so I've been given a set of practical papers by my teacher, to complete as practice, before the real thing next Wednesday/Thursday.

http://files.filefront.com/PHY3+Practicalzip/;10131582;/fileinfo.html

How would I go about discussing 'the extent to which my results confirm the relationship' (May 2002, Group 1, Q1B, part b (i))?

I've found two similar values for k, but I don't really know what/how I'm meant to compare...

Attached is the mark scheme. It contains (I think) more than just the answers to the papers, so be careful. The papers themselves should provide you with sufficient preparation for Wednesday/Thursday's exam...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As you have found two values of K, thats two marks out of four.

Find the percentage difference in your values of K.

= Range/average X 100

If you get less than 10 percent , your results confirm the relationship within uncetainty of meters.

.A.
Reply 2
thanks so much axolotl- how helpful :smile:
formulae for percentage difference and uncertainty aren't given in the exam are they?
anyone got the mark schemes btw?
Fanx
the download wont work for me
Reply 4
I've attached the answers (written by my school, so no copyright AFAIK) in my OP.
Reply 5
waheyyy cheers for the MS it's hard getting any MSs and Papers together for this practical :angry:
and isnt it outta order that chemists get to bring in whatever they want to the exam...including past mark schemes and we can't take anything! :angry:
Reply 6
Well i am doing my A/S particles on this Wednesday?? So its edexcel any ideas what might come ?

Thanks for the papers.. man i am gonna do them right now
Thanks a million for the papers! I'm retaking PHY3, I needed these.
Thanks again :smile:
Reply 8
Does anyone know of any links to past papers for the practical as I can't find them on the edexcel website
Look at the first post.
Kalashnikov
Look at the first post.

I have done those already, I jsut wondered if there was a link to all past papers.
Dan_The_Man
I have done those already, I jsut wondered if there was a link to all past papers.

Someone posted these on tsr before, I can't seem to find the thread so I attached them. I think it's a mixture of phy3 and phy5 practicals.
kalashnikov - lifesaver! any chance of the mark schemes for those papers??
Unfortunately no, I don't have the mark schemes for them.
Reply 15
Kalashnikov
Here are the rest. Hope they help.

mate, do u hav the sample data so that i can do the theory of the practical without the equipment?

Thanks.
hasnain721
mate, do u hav the sample data so that i can do the theory of the practical without the equipment?

Thanks.

Nope :frown:, wish I did. Like I said before, I got these from this site from another person. So this is all I have.
Reply 17
Kalashnikov
Nope :frown:, wish I did. Like I said before, I got these from this site from another person. So this is all I have.

ohh skeen
if anyone has like a summary sheet of useful stuff we need to knw i wud be very grateful!
Reply 19
yea that wud be sikk

Latest