The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i used these hints/tips about two years ago now, don't really need them now :smile:

good luck! :smile:
Method
i used these hints/tips about two years ago now, don't really need them now :smile:

good luck! :smile:

Excellent! Thanks for this!
Reply 22
Kalashnikov
Excellent! Thanks for this!

no problem mate! :smile:

i've also attach hints/tips for the PHY5 practical examination, might come in handy.

enjoy!
Reply 23
Method
no problem mate! :smile:

i've also attach hints/tips for the PHY5 practical examination, might come in handy.

enjoy!

thanks a lot!
Reply 24
I don't know if I've already said this - but the papers I posted should give you adequate preparation for tomorrow's/Thursday's exam. Remember that exam boards often repeat experiments that have come up in previous years.

Ahem.
Reply 25
im not relying on what i hear too much

its just an idea

i gotta revise everything anyway so i might aswell do it now.

i have heard clues from many people, most of which are conflicting so im gunna do it properly
Yeah, it shouldn't matter what anyone says. You need to be on track with everything anyway!
Reply 27
yea..i hav a feeling that they might throw in some potential divider questions
hasnain721
yea..i hav a feeling that they might throw in some potential divider questions

You never know. Make sure you know everything on it. You should know it anyway for your other physics papers.
Reply 29
in the paper which says : May 2004 Cp 1 , page 6.

I got delta thetha as -10 degrees C and k = 1 for part b and c . Is that right?
Delta theta cant be minus.
Reply 31
Kalashnikov
Delta theta cant be minus.

on the paper it says thetha initial = 85.0 degrees C and thetha final = 75.0 degrees C. Hence Detal thetha = 75-85 = -10 degrees C
hasnain721
on the paper it says thetha initial = 85.0 degrees C and thetha final = 75.0 degrees C. Hence Detal thetha = 75-85 = -10 degrees C

Delta means "change", you just need the difference in the two values. It asks you to calculate the fall in temperature. It has fallen by 10 degrees not by -10 degrees.
Reply 33
Kalashnikov
Delta means "change", you just need the difference in the two values. It asks you to calculate the fall in temperature. It has fallen by 10 degrees not by -10 degrees.

oohhh. Ic

Any ways even if u use +10degrees C as the change, i am gettin k= -1 in both part b) as c)

as
delta thetha = k(thetha final - thetha initial)

10 = k(-10)

therefore k = -1

this is the same for part c.

And then part d says determine the percentage difference between your two values of k. I cant do that coz both the values of k that i got are -1 !
No whoring
Do not give reputation to another member for no reason because of a promise of reciprocation

please pay attention to this
Wait wait, how are you getting that? You don't subtract theta initial, you subtract 18.5. Look at the formula carefully.
Reply 36
Kalashnikov
Wait wait, how are you getting that? You don't subtract theta initial, you subtract 18.5. Look at the formula carefully.

ohhh..i feel like an idiot now lol!

thanks a lot mate!

I also dun get this question on page 4 (same paper)

Explain carefully which of the circuits is the one you tested - I have no idea!
hasnain721
ohhh..i feel like an idiot now lol!

thanks a lot mate!

I also dun get this question on page 4 (same paper)

Explain carefully which of the circuits is the one you tested - I have no idea!

Okay, first you need to calculate the resistances for both connections. Then what you do is look at the three circuits, but imagine them being connected X to B and Y to A. When this is the case, wherever you see a diode, there will be no current in that part of the circuit.

Work out the total resistance for each circuit and see which one matches the resistance value you calculated for X to B and Y to A.
Reply 38
hey, im doing the edexcel AS physics practical exam tommorow but i have NO IDEA what to revise! can someone please help me?
Reply 39
Kalashnikov
Okay, first you need to calculate the resistances for both connections. Then what you do is look at the three circuits, but imagine them being connected X to B and Y to A. When this is the case, wherever you see a diode, there will be no current in that part of the circuit.

Work out the total resistance for each circuit and see which one matches the resistance value you calculated for X to B and Y to A.

is it series or parallel?

Latest