The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some, yes, but not the top calibre institutions. You just can't expect the top law firms to come knocking at the door of whichever uni you go to.
Reply 2
muncrun
Some, yes, but not the top calibre institutions. You just can't expect the top law firms to come knocking at the door of whichever uni you go to.

which unis would you suggest?
sassysiren
Have I got a chance of getting into any unis to do law with predicted grades of ACC? :confused:

i think you still could. Why not have a try at one uni that asks for ABC, as it's not just grades that they take into account.

alternatively, you could just wait until you get your A level grades and if they're better, then apply the following year instead.
Reply 4
sassysiren
Have I got a chance of getting into any unis to do law with predicted grades of ACC? :confused:

Hertfordshire
while we're on the subject of grades. If i'm predicted AAB is that good enough to get into some of the top uni's?
i was thinking of just applying in 2006 instead as i believe i can get AAA, but i'm just going to see what happens.
Cellardore
while we're on the subject of grades. If i'm predicted AAB is that good enough to get into some of the top uni's?

That is good enough for many of them.
sassysiren

Yes.
Reply 8
sassysiren

I'd do something else and then the conversion if I were you...
Vitriol01
I'd do something else and then the conversion if I were you...

Why?
Reply 10
NDGAARONDI
Why?

What good law schools can you get into with ACC?
Vitriol01

All of these places would be probably be long shots, but:

Queen Mary (ABB).

Maybe SOAS - which despite asking for AAB - only has 8 applicants per place.

LSE (Law & Anthropology) 'only' asks for BBB.

And, perhaps, more realistically - places like Keele (BBB).
mobb_theprequel

Queen Mary (ABB).

i don't think Queen Mary's a long shot. If she's re-sitting the 2Cs anyway, it'll go towards her predicted grades.
Reply 13
AAB is good enough for all universities, even oxbridge will consider u if u are predicted AAB. I'm not sure which uni you'll be able to get into but a subject as competitive as law your chances are extremely low if you want to go to a top uni. If you want to get into a top university your best chances are to apply the following year if you think u can get AAA or AAB. Best of luck!
MRLX69
AAB is good enough for all universities, even oxbridge will consider u if u are predicted AAB. I'm not sure which uni you'll be able to get into but a subject as competitive as law your chances are extremely low if you want to go to a top uni. If you want to get into a top university your best chances are to apply the following year if you think u can get AAA or AAB. Best of luck!

what i was going to do was apply this year anyway with my predicted grades (AAB) i think i'll apply to Bristol as the first choice, then i'll look for ones that ask for ABB -BBB just in case
If i do better next year and get AAA, then i might just apply the following year to better uni. I didn't think Oxbidge accpeted AAB as predicted grades? I thought they would just laugh in my face:redface:
Cellardore
I didn't think Oxbidge accpeted AAB as predicted grades? I thought they would just laugh in my face:redface:

They accept AAB offers. They do not have a standard offer.
Vitriol01

True but taking the CPE is not going to make up for your not so good grades completely. It is seen by many employers as a cheap way out.
mobb_theprequel

Queen Mary (ABB).

Last time I checked they asked for BBB. Is everyone now going to ask for AAA? :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Indeed, but what someone can do is to do a conversion course or undergrad degree at a "good/medium" uni and then apply for masters at a decent one, that way you get a respected masters and its only a year extra. :tsr:
Saagar
Indeed, but what someone can do is to do a conversion course or undergrad degree at a "good/medium" uni and then apply for masters at a decent one, that way you get a respected masters and its only a year extra. :tsr:

Which costs money and masters are not always worth having, especially for Law. :tsr:

Latest