The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Oh I'm looking to do the same thing, international student as well. Don't know how it works though, so I'm not much help =/
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I think international students can only work up to 20 hours a week (though I'm not certain if that's the right figure) but you won't want to be doing anymore than that during termtime. Lots of people have a job, usually bar or shop work. Jobs within the student union are probably best as it's much easier to get time off if you want to go home during the holidays.
Reply 3
my friend does... and its no problem for her. Im quite surprise how she can work in a club and study at the same time..
Reply 4
HannaSoderlund
Oh I'm looking to do the same thing, international student as well. Don't know how it works though, so I'm not much help =/

hanna: its okay maybe we'd try it out and see what it's like haha

emmings: thanks for that! :smile:

tut.exe: she must be really disciplined i suppose... i dont think its easy to do both.

anyone have more experiences to share?
Reply 5
I find most people from King's really lazy, hardly anyone I know, including me got a "proper" job. I think it could be due to workload, I mean King's is tough place to study. I think its better to settle down first year, but next year I'm gonna be def workin as well!

Latest