The Student Room Group

Revising for Spanish/Sciences

Hihi, i have a really hard time knowing what to learn for spanish.
We have a good teacher and all, but last lesson we did a 2002 past paper and there was SO many things i didn't understand because we haven't gone through it.

Can someone please help me know what to revise for listening/reading exams, i am so stumped, i tried learning for the mocks but i just learn verbs etc and they never even came up! Im doing higher paper so a lot of the stuff is hard.

And sciences are good, however if i revise a month or so before i end up foregting the stuff i leatnt to begin with, any help with this?
Reply 1
the best thing you could do is make revision notes
they will help you the most a few hours before the exam and the night before
For spanish, did you get given all the vocabulary sheets? I'm doing AQA Spanish and they can only use the words given on the vocabulary sheets, so if you try and learn all the words on there then I'm sure you'll do fine.
For the listening exam you just need loads of practise, ask your teacher for the mp3 files and past papers, that way you will get the hang of it.

Good Luck. :smile:
Reply 3
I Have No Imagination
For spanish, did you get given all the vocabulary sheets? I'm doing AQA Spanish and they can only use the words given on the vocabulary sheets, so if you try and learn all the words on there then I'm sure you'll do fine.
For the listening exam you just need loads of practise, ask your teacher for the mp3 files and past papers, that way you will get the hang of it.

Good Luck. :smile:

There are vocab sheets? Is this the same for all AQA languages? Are they available online? *heads to google*.
moody28028
There are vocab sheets? Is this the same for all AQA languages? Are they available online? *heads to google*.

Yes, We were given this fat booklet, with all the words that they can use in the exam, they can't test us on anything else except those words. The booklet is called Topic Vocabulary. It could be on the internet, have a browse. :smile:
Reply 5
I do OCR, but do you think the words used would be the same for OCR as in AQA?
I think looking at the topic vocabulary sheet would help, no?
Spanish - learn key/topic vocab (should be in your textbook) and do loads of past papers (ask a languages teacher for the listening CDs)

Science - revise as normal, but also make flashcards to go through everyday, or every other day. That way, you'll be revising it all on a regular basis and you shouldn't forget it. :biggrin:

Latest