The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
To be honest I didn't even think to ask him to get tested because I assumed that if he knew there was a possibilty that he could have an STI that he would get himself tested.
So I do accept that I could be blamed for that.
Agree with Reue. If you had asked him to get tested and he'd said no then you might have had a right to be a little bit angry, but unfortunately in this age people don't get tests as often as they should.
Anonymous
To be honest I didn't even think to ask him to get tested because I assumed that if he knew there was a possibilty that he could have an STI that he would get himself tested.
So I do accept that I could be blamed for that.

Well you shouldn't be having sex then love :rolleyes: seriously why on earth did you not least think to get him tested before you have sex without a condom :rolleyes:
Reply 23
i wouldnt blame your self no, just dont blame him either, these things happen!

both of you just go to the doctor and get it sorted and think nothing more of it.
Reply 24
i have to admit that the fact you waited to have unprotected sex astounds me...of all the girls ive been with not one has wanted me to use a condom...it may be that there are different views where i am to where you are but i honestly never thought that waiting actually happened
Carlos The Villan
Well you shouldn't be having sex then love :rolleyes: seriously why on earth did you not least think to get him tested before you have sex without a condom :rolleyes:

I agree!

Most mature people actually do enquire about their partners sexual health before they engage in any form of sexual act with them. Ok, I was a tad niave and didn't follow these rules however, since I caught an STI (Chlamydia), I have well and truly learnt my lesson.

Kinda make this be a lesson to you and other people who are too niave to go and get tested or think ''it wont happen to me'', because I thought that and I caught something. Not only that the mental torture is horrid to which it still is affecting me til this day.
Edd657
i have to admit that the fact you waited to have unprotected sex astounds me...of all the girls ive been with not one has wanted me to use a condom...it may be that there are different views where i am to where you are but i honestly never thought that waiting actually happened

Yes the waiting does exist - I have done it and im quite proud that I have whereas some girls just are too eager beaver and dive straight into unprotected sex.
Erm, I don't think most of you are helping.

If he hadn't had any visible warts when he was tested he wouldn't have known.
Even if he had been diagnosed with them, there is nothing that can be done. You can remove the wart but you will ALWAYS have the virus.
Bubblebee
Erm, I don't think most of you are helping.

If he hadn't had any visible warts when he was tested he wouldn't have known.
Even if he had been diagnosed with them, there is nothing that can be done. You can remove the wart but you will ALWAYS have the virus.

So does that mean whoever in the relationship has the warts, their partner is forever going to contract them or is just best to not have sex whilst the warts are visable? Heard soo much about this warts thing, not sure what is correct and what isnt.
Reply 29
emilyyy
Don't scare her with that!
There are only certain types of the HP virus that have been linked with cervical cancer, not even proven yet.
And it's been stated that the strain of the human papilloma virus that causes the visible warts doesn't not increase chances of cervical cancer at all.

Oh okay, I'm sorry. My friend has HPV and it's a big issue for her because she's had some issues with her uterus, so I suppose I have a biased view of it.
Reply 30
To clear some things up....

Genital warts come from any kind of sexual contact with an infected person, doesn't matter if the guy is wearing a condom or not. To make it worse you can catch the virus even if the infected person doesn't have visible warts as the virus lies under the skin and any kind of contact can pass it (and it's possible to have the virus forever without actually having any warts). I think it's something like 1/5 people have it, so basically if you're in any way sexually active it's fairly likely you'll get this virus.
Reply 31
^ And so it doesn't make a difference if you were having unprotected sex or not with your guy
Reply 32
Thanks for the information.

So basically anyone I have sex with in the future i'm going to infect them wih HPV? :frown:
Reply 33
I think so, that info is what my GP told me last week when I thought I had one (turned out to be an ingrown hair :smile: ) But you can check when you go to the docs to get them sorted.. xx
Anonymous
Thanks for the information.

So basically anyone I have sex with in the future i'm going to infect them wih HPV? :frown:

Yep that's exactly right, congratulations OP
DancinBallerina
So does that mean whoever in the relationship has the warts, their partner is forever going to contract them or is just best to not have sex whilst the warts are visable? Heard soo much about this warts thing, not sure what is correct and what isnt.

The thing is, you can have actual warts but they are 'flat' and you can't see them, so really it's sort of unavoidable.

When I was doing my sex ed. training, about four years ago they told us that around 700,000 people in the uk have the virus. I can imagine it's gone up considerably since then.
Bubblebee
The thing is, you can have actual warts but they are 'flat' and you can't see them, so really it's sort of unavoidable.

When I was doing my sex ed. training, about four years ago they told us that around 700,000 people in the uk have the virus. I can imagine it's gone up considerably since then.

Ahhh thank you for the information.
Reply 37
Surely a new 'sexual' couple should both get checked out at a local sexual health clinic before proceeding with sexual activities? Would that not be the best solution?
Carlos The Villan
Yep that's exactly right, congratulations OP

I think we've established it's not the OPs fault as you can contract the virus with both unprotected and protected sex. No need to make her feel any worse is there.
Jiser
Surely a new 'sexual' couple should both get checked out at a local sexual health clinic before proceeding with sexual activities? Would that not be the best solution?

Well it wouldn't be a 'solution' to the problem she currently has as she already has the genital warts.

Latest