The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do CompSci and I hate programming, for one simple reason, I'm **** at programming. If I actually had any talent when it comes to programming, I am sure I would really enjoy it.

To be honest, I am just hoping I come away with a degree at the end of all this and then hopefully I will get a nice (non programming related) job.
fais
You missed my point; if she hates programming and maths, she's going to struggle on the course. You can get by (to a certain extent) hating one and favouring the other but if you hate both, compsci's really not the way to go.

Wish i'd read this last year lol.

I hate programming (with an unbelievable passion)
I kinda suck at maths.
Thus i'm dropping out of uni at the end of this year (only 3 more weeks to go!)
Reply 22
Miss_Rachel
Wish i'd read this last year lol.

I hate programming (with an unbelievable passion)
I kinda suck at maths.
Thus i'm dropping out of uni at the end of this year (only 3 more weeks to go!)

:hugs:
Reply 23
Several of my supervisors and lecturers this year don't code, most of them are theoreticians! You have all sorts of topics like proof, logic, set theory, algorithm design, regular languages, network theory, automata where programming isn't really necessary!

Although I am talking about academics there, I think to get through a degree you will have to at least be able to program, even if you don't like it.
Psyk
Sorry to **** on your parade, but that's not really a good way to clear an array.

heh, this a million times over.

Latest

Trending

Trending