The Student Room Group

NEED 2 KNOW About Nottingham Malaysia

Poll

Which University in Malaysia would u choose?

Any malaysians or international students who are studing in malaysia or know friends who study there. I just wanna know how gud the nottingham malaysia is. It looks impressive frm outside but I dont know whts going on inside.

I just wanna know how facilities in Nottingham malaysia and the quality of lectures.Also the student life in there. One more thing which One would U choose if u were me?. Monash or Nottingham in malaysia and why?

Sry for writing so much and asking so many questions but I don't wana take a chance.
Reply 1
Nottingham Malaysia is situated in a place called Semenyih, which is a rural area, or should I say in the outskirts..And if I were you, I would choose Monash. :smile:
Reply 2
THX alot for the info. Now I'll stick to monash.
Reply 3
Why would one has to choose Monash in Malaysia over Nottingham in Malaysia? I'm also curious about the U of Nottingham in Malaysia as it is obviously a well-funded institution with a very rich student body in that part of Southeast Asia.
Reply 4
I'm Malaysian and I have friends at both unis... If you go to Monash in Malaysia, you'll enjoy a more urban lifestyle as it's strategically located near all the major hotspots like Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya... even Damansara. Think cinemas, theater, nightclubs, pubs, the most popular shopping malls etc. I'm not sure about their programme, but it's not prestigious or anything. Like most private Malaysian colleges, it's not selective. Everyone who can pay can get in.

I've slept over at my best friend's room at U of Nottingham, and while it's very very rural (her friends drive down to KL all the time for want of a decent nightlife), the upside is that the campus is large. They have their own gym and swimming pool, squash courts, basketball courts etc. Again, like Monash, it's not selective, but you'd have the advantage of being able to study abroad at the UK or China campus, which are more internationally recognized. I would say if you think your chances of getting in UNottingham UK is slim or if you want to live cheaply and go through a truly Asian experience... UNott might be for you. If you need more information about UNott in particular, I can refer you to my friend, who'd be more than happy to share about her experience there :

Why Malaysia in particular, though?
Reply 5
krysoberyl, I'm sry that I couldn't reply before. i got exams goin on. I'm interested in malyasia because the cost of living and the uni are cheaper. But I prefer Monash cause it's in a city where i could travel plus it's more modern facility rather than living in a jungle. Any way can u pls give me more info on the malasian monash. Is it internationally recognised? Plus are there lot of Overseas students studying in it?
Reply 6
im applying to both monash and nottingham in Malaysia.
personally,if im admitted to both,it would be nottingham.
Reply 7
i want to apply in nottingham malaysia but i want to know if they provides the diploma from uk or malaysia campus,and how is the study there is it good or not,i heard there was a crime there in the restaurant of camp,i want to know full information if you has friend or you were there.many thanks
Reply 8
nottingham malaysia confers the same degree as nottingham uk
as for crime, crime rate in malaysia is higher than in nottigham uk. i dont know more details about it though.

Latest

Trending

Trending