The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am under the impression there's at least 1 bar there.

According to http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/largerprivatestudenthousing/lphs.asp?id=166

BGP has:

Cafe Bistro
Bar
Mini supermarket
Coin operated laundry
24 hour manned reception
Security patrols and CCTV
Car parking (permit to be purchased)
Secure bike shed
Welfare support from our Warden and Tutors

I guess a current student will be able to confirm that :p:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
There's a 'game room' i.e a pool table near the bar.
Reply 42
Thanks for your speedy/informative replies! :biggrin:
Reply 43
The Larches, mine is studio too:smile: meet u there:P
Reply 44
Okay second go:

I'm in Mulburries :biggrin: Flat 8~
i've just noticed that we have to pay the first payment for accomadation before we start
this means it will be before we get out student loan, and this was how i was intending to pay for it
will they not let you move in if you haven't yet payed because of not having your loan?
i don't know about anyone else but i don;t have over £1000 spare and neither do my parents
i'm getting slightly worried about this
Reply 46
every year they demand payment before loans come in, and every year most people (quite justifiably) complain that they can't afford it. Generally you can phone up and tell them you can't pay until after your loan comes in, and they'll be fine with that, however I don't understand why they don't just change the date of the first instalment to the end of the first week of term.
Reply 47
alex-hs
however I don't understand why they don't just change the date of the first instalment to the end of the first week of term.

You've obviously never had dealings with UPP alex.:wink:
They make Nottingham Hospitality look organised and professional!
yeah thats why i though they might have a problem with it, cause it seem quite obvious to me that most people will use their loan for accomadation and it would be much less hassle to just put the date back a bit. like my brother doesnt have to pay his first instalment till mid october to give him time to settle in!
thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 49
simple answer is - UPP are a company solely based on taking money and providing little or no service. I was fortunate enough to get my parents to pay the first installment, and pay them back when my loan came through. I would say that if enough people complain they may change their procedures - but that is very, very unlikely
Reply 50
If you read the offer letter, you can request to pay the accommodation after you get your student loan. So that's fair enough.
Joe555
If you read the offer letter, you can request to pay the accommodation after you get your student loan. So that's fair enough.

oh i can't find this :s-smilie:
where does it say it? (i couldn't find it on the letter with your room number etc on it or the one with payment details)
Reply 52
Joe555

BGP isn't administered directly by the university, so their terms are likely to be different.
Reply 53
i think they mean te offer of accomodation rather than the offer of a place alex
Reply 54
went up to notts today to get a better idea of the room etc although the couldnt show me my exact room (large studio), they did show me a studio, and had a good look around, and now i cant ****in wait :biggrin:

BRING ON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (grades permitting :frown:)
Reply 55
mufc4life
went up to notts today to get a better idea of the room etc although the couldnt show me my exact room (large studio), they did show me a studio, and had a good look around, and now i cant ****in wait :biggrin:

BRING ON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (grades permitting :frown:)

Did you see any other rooms?? Like ensuite??? :biggrin:
Reply 56
EvilSheep
Did you see any other rooms?? Like ensuite??? :biggrin:

No mate but i did see the ensuite in the studio, dont know whether they are all the same, would probably assume so, looked a tad bit small, but nothing to complain about:wink:
Reply 57
mufc4life
No mate but i did see the ensuite in the studio, dont know whether they are all the same, would probably assume so, looked a tad bit small, but nothing to complain about:wink:

Cool :smile:

I'm so excited about moving now!! Can't wait!
Reply 58
EvilSheep
Cool :smile:

I'm so excited about moving now!! Can't wait!

Oh yessss excited is an understatement. Even though this summer is great and going to get better, i dont careeee, i want september to come NOW. :biggrin:

(sorry about calling you "mate" before, i didnt realise you were a girl lol, or is it okay to call a girl, "mate" :s-smilie: ? hmmm)
Reply 59
mufc4life
Oh yessss excited is an understatement. Even though this summer is great and going to get better, i dont careeee, i want september to come NOW. :biggrin:

(sorry about calling you "mate" before, i didnt realise you were a girl lol, or is it okay to call a girl, "mate" :s-smilie: ? hmmm)

I thought it was a bit odd, but yeah, I suppose it's ok.. People have called me that before... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending