The Student Room Group
Reply 2
I don't think anyone else on this planet will.
Reply 3
Because it's a 'Diploma for Graduates in Mathematics' and says candidates must be able to 'demonstrate that you have reached a level of competence in Mathematics at least equivalent to a pass at GCSE/GCE 'O' level in a Mathematical subject at Grade C or above'. I guess this is why. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
lol. ^he got it.

it's a frickin uni course for maths and you need GCSE grade C or above to do it.

like omgosh.
Reply 5
Well it clearly isn't intended to be a substitute for a BA/BSc, but rather a course where people can (outside of work) up the level of maths they understand, presumably to get/apply for better jobs - which is why the courses look to have a mainly applicable edge. What's the issue with that? :confused:
Reply 6
RichE
Well it clearly isn't intended to be a substitute for a BA/BSc, but rather a course where people can (outside of work) up the level of maths they understand, presumably to get/apply for better jobs - which is why the courses look to have a mainly applicable edge. What's the issue with that? :confused:

And the qualification you get is in Maths, you don't need your degree to have been in maths as far as I can tell.

Like someone else said its for people with other degrees to get a diploma in maths. Hence having some standards is pretty advisable. Fool.
Reply 8
You're lucky basic comprehension skills aren't a formal requirement, Tom. :p:

Latest