The Student Room Group

14th August 12am onwards...

I've heard you can check your UCAS track as soon as the day of 14th August begins, to check if you've got an unconditional offer. Does this happen straightaway at midnight for everyone? I think it's good that you can check - might take the pressure off (or worry you more) when it comes to collecting results.

Also, if you don't get an unconditional for your firm choice (it comes up as unsuccessful instead I'm guessing), will it show up unconditional next to your insurance choice if you make the grades for that particular university? (if the grades are lower).

And, otherwise, I realise there is the ringing etc. or going into clearing business involved afterwards which is outlined in some threads.
Reply 1
Not necessarily. The 'Unconditional'/'Unsuccesful' doesn't come up immediately. However you are right to say that if you meet thr conditions of your insurnace that will say Uncon.... Basically unconditional will appear against every choice where you have met te conditions.
Reply 2
Ah, OK - thanks Prudy.

And I really hope that it does come up fairly rapidly... I know it doesn't immediately, although lucky friends I heard about last year were constantly refreshing UCAS!
Reply 3
So from 12am I'll know?
Reply 4
cdeu12
Ah, OK - thanks Prudy.

And I really hope that it does come up fairly rapidly... I know it doesn't immediately, although lucky friends I heard about last year were constantly refreshing UCAS!

That's okay.

I did last year: Indeed UCAS saved me from insanity. From the Edexcel website I saw that I didnt make my offer, but it came up on UCAS: Unconditional!
Reply 5
Prudy
That's okay.

I did last year: Indeed UCAS saved me from insanity. From the Edexcel website I saw that I didnt make my offer, but it came up on UCAS: Unconditional!

That's lucky!

You can find out from the Edexcel website as well? I'm doing Maths with Edexcel.
Reply 6
cdeu12
That's lucky!

You can find out from the Edexcel website as well? I'm doing Maths with Edexcel.

Well they trialled online results last year. It depends if they will do it again this.
Reply 7
Would be interesting if the people who heard early in the morning (i.e. 12am up til before results, so about 9am) said which uni they heard from.
Reply 8
wes
Track closes down first thing on results day, and doesn't come back until 8 or 10am or so.

I didn't know that. So you either find out at 12am or not at all until 8ish am?
In a way perhaps that's not so bad, otherwise I could be up all night constantly refreshing and stressing, which won't really do much good.

Admonitor
Would be interesting if the people who heard early in the morning (i.e. 12am up til before results, so about 9am) said which uni they heard from.

You should start a thread asking maybe, and get them to put the course down too!
Reply 9
wes
You won't find out until Track opens in the morning.
Oh, I didn't know that. Is that a new thing? I'm sure some friends let me know at 12am on their results day last year that they got in. But either way, thanks for confirming.
Reply 10
That would be great at midnight if i got in. I could chill and go to sleep, not really worry ...because who cares?! I got in! Ahh now to wait 3 months...
Reply 11
I did honestly think I could check at 12am :s-smilie:. So, just to confirm, it is possible to check for an update at around 8am on the morning of results day, before collecting results?
Reply 12
I know someone whose Track didn't update even 3 PM in the afternoon of results day last year. I wouldn't rely on this too much.
Reply 13
cdeu12
I did honestly think I could check at 12am :s-smilie:. So, just to confirm, it is possible to check for an update at around 8am on the morning of results day, before collecting results?

Yup my boyfriend and a few friends done that...
Reply 14
I remember last year mine came up at 5am (didnt sleep the whole night), you dont even have to check the choices page, as soon as you sign it, it will say "Congratulation you are going to (Uni Name)" or "You are now able to apply through clearing"
Reply 15
a friend of mine last year found out after 12.

she was going to sussex, and stayed up til 12 and then checked it and it had been updated.

a lot of my friends did it this way, before getting their results, so in that sense, then yes, you can check at 12
Reply 16
I certainly hope so. It would be nice.

I'm more interesting in getting my A level results though to see if the 'cash in' for them worked properly from my last centre.
does that work as well for extra choices

Latest

Trending

Trending