The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Don't say the name of the scottish play!!!
{cowers in terror}
Reply 2
As an (un)interesting side note, it is (apparently) unlucky to say macbeth backstage because it was one of the cheaper shakespere proiductions to put on. So if you heard the company manager talking about Macbeth it probably meant that they were short of funds at the moment and you, as an actor, were quite likly to not get paid that week. At least, that's what Ian McCellan (sp?) said on Richard and Judy, and he went to Cambridge so he must be right :biggrin:
I'll come along on the condition that there's a trip to the bar afterwards. Also, would I have to pay subs?

MB
I'm not a current student, but if I get in, it's exactly the type of thing I'd love to do. *dreams*
Reply 5
Minor_Deity
As an (un)interesting side note, it is (apparently) unlucky to say macbeth backstage because it was one of the cheaper shakespere proiductions to put on. So if you heard the company manager talking about Macbeth it probably meant that they were short of funds at the moment and you, as an actor, were quite likly to not get paid that week. At least, that's what Ian McCellan (sp?) said on Richard and Judy, and he went to Cambridge so he must be right :biggrin:

Not the story I heard, but probably the right one.
Anyhow, it's a superstition therefore I won't say it!
Reply 6
Yeah yeah yeah! Fun games! No pressure!

YAY!

Count me in. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending