The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Why not just ask your teacher which board you're with?
Reply 2
you're probably doing edexcel because we're kind of doing the same stuff. You do religion and media if you dont do coursework.
Reply 3
No coursework and 1 exam.
City_chic just wanted to try and do a bit of revision for next week and won't be able to see my teacher tonight so just thought someone may know on here.
You will need to find out what exam board you are doing it with. Do you know which topics you have studied? The CGP Religious Studies guide isn't bad by the way.
Reply 5
Well my RE learning has been kinda disjointed last couple of years due to switch in teachers and most people not giving a **** about it so we really don't learn that much. The school doesn't seem to care about it that much tbh. However, RE exams don't seem the hardest and I'd just like to go over a few bits of revision all I know we have studied is "Religion and the media" which is either how a TV drama, soap or film portrays religion and something like Christian views on life. We had to learn views different Christian groups have on things.
Reply 6
That sounds exactly like what we had to do last year, and we were with Edexcel. :smile:
Reply 7
If your exams next wednesday then the exam boards edexcel coz we're doing the short course as well.
Reply 8
It is indeed next Wednesday. I had a look on edexcel's website the other day but couldn't really find anything. I'll take another look now.
Reply 9
.x.alexa.x.
If your exams next wednesday then the exam boards edexcel coz we're doing the short course as well.

Unfortunately all of the boards schedule their RE exams for the 14th (Wednesday) to avoid clashes with other subjects, so it's sometimes a little hard to tell.
Reply 10
WJEC's RE exam is next wednesday too thats my board 1hour 50 mins JOOY! :biggrin: Lol
Well, it doesn't sound like the board I'm doing (OCR or AQA, I can't remember!). Sounds like it's edexcel though. Have you tried asking other people in your class/year? They might know.
It's edexcel religion and life.
Does it have family life, euthanasia, abortion and stuff about multi cultural society?

I did it last year and got an A* with a small amount of revision - good luck :biggrin:
Reply 13
adam_1234
It's edexcel religion and life.
Does it have family life, euthanasia, abortion and stuff about multi cultural society?

I did it last year and got an A* with a small amount of revision - good luck :biggrin:

That's the one. I found some stuff on edexcel's site earlier anyway.

Yeah the exam really doesn't seem too hard. The mock and the year 10 mock didn't seem too bad.
micah114
That's the one. I found some stuff on edexcel's site earlier anyway.

Yeah the exam really doesn't seem too hard. The mock and the year 10 mock didn't seem too bad.

Yeah, I don't really like RE, particularly as I'll only get 1/2 a GCSE (What's the point in half?!?), anyway, good luck!
Reply 15
steffi.alexa
Yeah, I don't really like RE, particularly as I'll only get 1/2 a GCSE (What's the point in half?!?), anyway, good luck!

It sounds better to me than some of the full courses some people have to do. Seems like there is so much to learn there.
Anyway same to you.
micah114
It sounds better to me than some of the full courses some people have to do. Seems like there is so much to learn there.
Anyway same to you.

Thanks! TBH, I don't think there's that much to learn (with the board I'm taking anyway). I had the chance of getting a full GCSE if I attented lunch time classes, but I didn't have the time to spare. It was only 5 more topics.
My edexcel RE exam is on the 19th May, my first GCSE
We did the first half in year 10 (last year), now we're doing another exam so added together they'll make a full GCSE.

Latest