The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't think it really matters. As long as your writing is legible.

But won't joining your writing speed you up?
Joined up writing is taught to people because it is supposed to speed them up in writing. There is more effort put into teaching people with dyslexia a specific handwriting style to try to help them speed up in written work, for example, along with what is taught at primary schools. But if you are able to produce a fluid and quick script without joining then noone is going to penalise against you.
Reply 3
I've always sort of half-joined my handwriting... and it deteriates into an unjoined scrawl when I write quickly.

Never had anyone take marks off for it, or say anthing about it. I don't really think it matters to be honest.
artorscience?
Joined up writing is taught to people because it is supposed to speed them up in writing.

My writing is quick but completely illegible! I sometimes wonder if the reason I do badly in some exams is because they can't read it.

Bit of a no-win situation, though.. if I don't join up my writing and make sure every. letter. is. perfectly. formed. it would take me hours.

Halp. :frown:
My writing was a complete scrawl (joined up of course for quickness), but I didn't do too badly in my exams. If I can get away with it so can you!

Latest