The Student Room Group

r.e question

hey hey,
well been going through some past papers and was wondering how would i answer this question?
explain why christians should help to promote racial harmony
its on edexcel paper and it worth 8th marks .
i have no idea how to answer the questions and how much depth i need to go into-please help and does anyone have any tips in general for answering these type of questions:cool:

thnx!
that was in my gcse paper lol i just waffled loadssss about love thy neighbour etc etc.....wrote a short paragraph....i got an A.

wasnt a lot of detail needed. i backed it up with christian beliefs and then added a contrasting view...then re-reinforced the christian belief side of it
Reply 2
Christians should help to promote racial harmony because of:
- The Parable of The Good Samaritan: Although the Jew and the Samaritan hated each other, the Samaritan helped the Jew when he was attacked, so God is showing Christians that they should treat all races equally.
- St. Paul says that we are all one in Jesus Christ
- St. Paul says that God made all nations from Adam, therefore we are all equal and there should be no divisions among races.
- In Acts 10, St. Peter was given a vision of food by God and told to eat it but he refused. God showed him to accept worship from anyone, as all races are equal.
- Jesus had a Black African help him carry his cross, which shows Christians should follow his example in treating all racs equally.
- There are Church leaders of all races and colour, which means that Christians promote racial harmony
- All churces have issued statements condemning racism and promoting racial harmony
Galations 3:28 everybody is equal!

love thy neighbour!

Everybody was made in 'God's image'

I know it's islam but in the Qu'ran states people were made out of "seven handfuls of clay" ie seven different colours.

I do AQA short course, but my teacher (Dr Perfect, i love his name), tells us to SEE, statement explaination, example, and try and include quotes from Qu'ran and Bible.

For five makrs, we're told 2/3 short paragraphs, but like I said Edexcel is probs different.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
ahhh kl..thnks very much mobile geek and lil lizzie lee!
so basically for 8 marks i just need to learn a couple of facts and quotes then write short paragraph about it?
also another question was wondering how to answer the fact there is so much religion in the world proves that god exist?( 4 marks)
do you agree woops forgot to add that bit
Reply 5
yeah thnx hazzy pants that helps! im guessing for four marks then it is the same
Reply 6
Many people would agree with the statement because all the people who follow a religion cannot be wrong. All religions have similar basic moral rules, therefore implying that God is the same force behind all the religions. On the other hand, others may disagree because once upon a time people thought that the Earth was flat and they turned out to be incorrect; so maybe people are wrong about God's exsitence too. Christians would agree with the statement because they believe the Bible is the word of God, and God does exist. I believe...
Reply 7
kl again thnx a lot..:smile:
grrr these questions seem so open ended > : (
You coudl also argue against that question and say there is also so much science in this world. so many other books aprt form the bible (theory of evolution). Also you could say quality not quantity of people beleieiving in soemthing, for things to be true, if you get me. Lots of peopel used to be racist (South Africa), that doesn;t mean that the apartheid stuff was the right thing to do.
Also some people beleive in god due to families, culture, and you could talk about the growing amount of atheism in the UK.
But then again, islam, christianity, judaism, you could aruge they are the same thing really, witht he same ethics.. maybe proving god, due to the amout of people that believe.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing lol. It's all muddled. But i hope understand what I was trying to convey :smile:

Another other questions I'm happy to help. As you might be able to tell I love RP!!!! it's great fun. I'm thinknig of doing it next year. I generally just enjoy humanities.

I'm just doing short course, on wednesday, AQA, first written exam, how about you??
Reply 9
rp ? now im gonna sound really stupid but i dno what that means :s-smilie:
im doing short courrse too on wednesday but with edexcel
i generally enjoy humanities too ^^ in my old school i took re history and geography :s-smilie:
they wouldn't let me at the school im at now :frown:
and yeah thnx very much for ur help it all makes sense XD
do u no where i could get any revision sites where it has lists of religious quotes so i can back stuff up ?
btw good luck with ur exam
xxxx
hazzypants
I do AQA short course, but my teacher (Dr Perfect, i love his name), tells us to SEE, statement explaination, example.

Our English department make us PEE.
Point, evidence, explination.

We're obviously more vulgar :p:
Anna_The_Giant_Banana
rp ? now im gonna sound really stupid but i dno what that means :s-smilie:
im doing short courrse too on wednesday but with edexcel
i generally enjoy humanities too ^^ in my old school i took re history and geography :s-smilie:
they wouldn't let me at the school im at now :frown:
and yeah thnx very much for ur help it all makes sense XD
do u no where i could get any revision sites where it has lists of religious quotes so i can back stuff up ?
btw good luck with ur exam
xxxx

lol sorry, my school calls it Religious Philosophy. and My sixth form does. but the qaulification you get is called Religious studies. but yeah anyways. I thikn it's cos we do lots on ethics at my school, abortion, stem cell research, prejudice etc;

erm I don't know any websites.but this is wahat i spent my easter learning by heart. I still don;t know it properly yet, but yeh, i kinda do.

Prejudice and Discrimination
Galatians 3: 28 Treat everybody the same
“Allah Does not look on your outward appearance”
CARJ Catholic Association for Racial Justice

Abortion
Luke 18:16 Mustn’t destroy children because they are precious to God.
“Thou Shalt not Kill”
“No Severer of the womb ties shall enter paradise” 120 days for the foetus to gain ensoulement.

Life After Death
Corinthians 15v 42 You are immortal after you have been raised
Revelation 21v 2-5 Time for total happiness with God
Surah 37:38 Paradise

Planet Earth and Aniamls
Deuteronomy 20v 19 Look after the trees
Ecclesiations 3:19 Humans and animals are the same, neither is better
Genesis 1:26 Give the world respect, look after it, humans have been given rule.
Qu’ran only Halal meat, only scientific experiments.

Suffering
Suffering is caused by sins; seven deadly sins of lust, envy, anger, gluttony.
God is forgiving and Jesus died for the sins of people.
‘Suffer in this life, joy in the next’ (Islamic, ovbey the five pillars, and suffer and you will be rewarded)
Worship
Liturgical; singing communion, weekly and public Non-liturgical; prayers, private meditation
Islam; sawn (fasting) Zakat (charity) shadah (declaring faith at birth) Salah (prayer 5 times a day) Hajj (pilgrimage)

War and Peace
Just War Theory, Saint Thomas Aquinas, Telelogical argument
Matthew 5:44 Love your enemies Matthew 5:39 Slap cheek
Matthew 21 12-13 righteous anger in the market place
Jesus was tempted by the devil for wealth, territory and power which are bad things.

Hope that's help, good luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 12
yeah thnx thats helped a lot! lol adam we're always reminded to pee aswell
one more thing for ur course did u not cover religion in the media?

Latest