The Student Room Group

Need help asap please?

Ok so here's my problem........

im currently in my first year at uni studying biochemistry,

However i've now completely lost any interest in this course, or this subject or tbh anything science realted. I've tried hard for a while now but can't motivate myself to revise since it hit me a few days ago that i had no intention of having a science based career.

Back in school and college i used to enjoy business studies (got 2 A*) after thinking hard and researching a bit i decided that a business/management related course is what i definately want to do

The only problem is that studying management in my current uni requires ABB while i only got CCC at A-levels.

However i've found a good course at a uni near by which only requires BBC-CCC But i have no clue how to re-apply for this course.

Ok, so I have two questions

Is it possible to somehow get transfered from biochem at my current uni to business at the uni i wish to transfer to? or will i have to re-apply through ucas?

Also do you think it's hopeless to even apply to study management at my current university, considering that the entry requirements are so much higher tha the one for my current course? Does already being a student at this uni give me some sort of advantage?

Please could you help me, im currentyl halfway through my exams and would like to study my new course next year if at all possible.
thanks in advance for any help
Reply 1
for both cases ask the admissions staff...they will no exactley...
Transferring to another uni for the same/similar course does happen occasionally however, i don't know about a totally different course though, you would probably have to reapply through ucas.
Yeah you can however you have to have done similar modules to actually transfer to a business course.

Like josee32 said you will have to email or call the admissions staff and explain your situation to them, I had to do the same thing however problem is that I would have to start all over again from 1st year so you might have to start from the beginning thats why I am thinking to do Business Management with the Open uni thats if your into distance learning and stuff.
Reply 3
This will probably sound stupid but by admissions staff Do you mean at my university or UCAS?
Reply 4
at both universities involved

Latest

Trending

Trending