The Student Room Group
Reply 1
the times good university guide (book not online version) ranks unis for hoa separately. from the 2007 edition:
1. Cambridge
2. York
3. Courtauld
4. St Andrews
5. Birmingham
6. Warwick
7. Sussex
8. Aberystwith
9. Plymouth
10. UCL
11. Edinburgh

I assume you're going to Cambridge and therefore bright enough to take any rankings with a huge dose of salt (the Times ranking does not include Oxford or UEA either)

The most important thing is to find the place/course that is right for you. My experience was that there are very few to choose from when you apply your personal filters.

i ended up at York btw and for what it's worth my ex-Cambridge tutor reckoned we get a much better deal.

good luck with your exams
Reply 2
peachmelba
the times good university guide (book not online version) ranks unis for hoa separately. from the 2007 edition:
1. Cambridge
2. York
3. Courtauld
4. St Andrews
5. Birmingham
6. Warwick
7. Sussex
8. Aberystwith
9. Plymouth
10. UCL
11. Edinburgh

I assume you're going to Cambridge and therefore bright enough to take any rankings with a huge dose of salt (the Times ranking does not include Oxford or UEA either)

The most important thing is to find the place/course that is right for you. My experience was that there are very few to choose from when you apply your personal filters.

i ended up at York btw and for what it's worth my ex-Cambridge tutor reckoned we get a much better deal.

good luck with your exams

oooo thankss!! i prolly wont end up at cambridge cuz i doubt ill make the grades, so im trying to decide on UCL or Warwick.......

i hate that u cant find the rankins for history of art online ...urgh, its a real course aha
Reply 3
I had an offer from Warwick but turned it down. Couple of reasons:

altho the term in venice is attractive and it is a fab place, it does mean you are pretty much committed to doing your dissertation on italian arrt/architecture. Too restrictive, tho' you could stay in Warwick & do the museology module.

I found the campus a bit too much of a claustrophobic bubble & living in leam from 2nd yearr would be pretty but a bit tame

If you fancy living in London, I think UCL would be a great option. Large department (for hoa anyway), so lot more options than warwick. great museums & galleries on the doorstep.

good luck
Reply 4
peachmelba
I had an offer from Warwick but turned it down. Couple of reasons:

altho the term in venice is attractive and it is a fab place, it does mean you are pretty much committed to doing your dissertation on italian arrt/architecture. Too restrictive, tho' you could stay in Warwick & do the museology module.

I found the campus a bit too much of a claustrophobic bubble & living in leam from 2nd yearr would be pretty but a bit tame

If you fancy living in London, I think UCL would be a great option. Large department (for hoa anyway), so lot more options than warwick. great museums & galleries on the doorstep.

good luck

yeah thanks! i agree
the venice things looks amazing, BUT, if ur into like old italian art haha...which isnt what im into.

I think ill be doing UCL :smile: where you going?
Reply 5
I'm in my second year at York

Latest

Trending

Trending