The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

L i b
I disagree with all of the above for numerous reasons. Realistically, if I was born in a **** country, I'd be bloody grateful to get a job in the West, and I think it's rather vile to deny some poor unfortunate that.

Indeed, I'm sure the families of those cockle pickers are glad they drowned, but at least they sent back some money eh?

Marcus
alenax
That's the kind of attitude that leads to thousands of illegal immigrants in the UK. If the OP knows for a fact they're illegal workers then they shouldn't be working. End of discussion.[/QUOTE]

I hate when people end a statement with that!
It's very irritating - it's like making a point that your views are to be solely taken as definitive on the matter.

I sound like a big jakey arshole now.
Reply 22
marcusfox
Indeed, I'm sure the families of those cockle pickers are glad they drowned, but at least they sent back some money eh?

As a matter of fact, they could just as easily have been legal migrants: gangmasters were only licensed after that event.
Reply 23
alenax
I think it's disrespectful towards the company you live in to work there illegally.

Why? They're employing you.

I'm an immigrant but I made the effort to go through all the legal channels and I'm now a British citizen. I wasn't born into any privilege whatsoever. Why can't they do that?

Because mostly Britain only lets people in who are (a) rich or (b) white. The opportunities for foreigners to emigrate here solely for economic reasons are tiny.
Reply 24
alenax
I think it's disrespectful towards the company you live in to work there illegally.

I'm an immigrant but I made the effort to go through all the legal channels and I'm now a British citizen. I wasn't born into any privilege whatsoever. Why can't they do that?

You live in a company? :s-smilie:
Reply 25
alenax

because not everyone had the same opportunities as us. end of.
Tut.exe

Exactly, they just came here looking for a better life.
hey TS...you never actually expalined how you know for a fact that they're illegal
Reply 27
Tut.exe

Exactly, and not everyone is going to have the same opportunities and there's no point in trying to make it that way. They will to some extent, but not in a communist sort of way. It's bull**** to be honest.
Reply 28
yeah report them, so that the people get deported, and so that their quality of life and standard of living declines, and for what, are they really affecting you?
Reply 29
alenax
Exactly, and not everyone is going to have the same opportunities and there's no point in trying to make it that way. They will to some extent, but not in a communist sort of way. It's bull**** to be honest.

If the whole world has one currency then they will do
Reply 30
The OP is obviously upset that the immigrants stole his/her job.
Reply 31
L i b
I disagree with all of the above for numerous reasons. Realistically, if I was born in a **** country, I'd be bloody grateful to get a job in the West, and I think it's rather vile to deny some poor unfortunate that.

Immigrants come from **** countries, you learn something new everyday
Reply 32
Bateman
I know you're trying to be fair, but don't use the word ****, these immigrants are no less of a human of you or me.

What the **** are you gurgling on about? That makes absolutely no sense.
Reply 33
RIGHT-ON GUYS!

This kind of thing doesn't help anyone. They get abused and paid **** all, those who live and work here legally have their chances of opportunity reduced, wages are driven down and it gives employers a bad attitude towards those that work for them. They don't pay income tax etc.

No amount of barely cogent nicery is going to make that any different. This kind of thing is illegal for a reason. That reason is called 'the economy'.
sarforaz
The OP is obviously upset that the immigrants stole his/her job.

"They took oor jaabss!"
Reply 35
L i b
What the **** are you gurgling on about? That makes absolutely no sense.

You said that immigrants come from a
**** country
, which i was offended by.
Reply 36
Allthewayhome
"They took oor jaabss!"

"Dirk dirk de durrr!"
Reply 37
Bateman
You said that immigrants come from a , which i was offended by.

Most illegal immigrants do come from distinctly faecal nations; largely why they go to the great effort to come here.
foxo
Dick dick de durrr!

yeah, that one just went right over my head.
:s-smilie:
Allthewayhome
yeah, that one just went right over my head.
:s-smilie:

if you watch south park you'll understand

Latest

Trending

Trending