Reply 1
Fun City!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Retozadora
Do you people have enough time for going out at night sometimes, go clubbing, having parties etc. ? I mean do students at Nottingham have enough free time from studying to relax:smile:?...or maybe it depends ot your discipline?

LOL. Are you serious? Even on the PGCE there was time.

Marcus
Reply 3
No they are work robots. You get a plug which you attach to your brain, this makes the students 24 hour work robots with no social life.
Reply 4
No they are work robots. You get a plug which you attach to your brain, this makes the students 24 hour work robots with no social life.

Come on be condescending, I have no idea, that's why I'm asking :smile:
Reply 5
Judging by how many of them I see throwing up in the town centre I'd say yes, they do just about squeeze it in.
Reply 6
Retozadora
Come on be condescending, I have no idea, that's why I'm asking :smile:

Sorry but it's a slightly silly question. Of course students in Nottingham have fun, Nottingham is no different from any other student body.
Reply 7
my sister goes there and she says that she goes out nearly every nite and its great fun :smile:

(she does history)
The OP is from Bulgaria, where the student population is probably quite different, so be fair.

Nottingham has a bit of a reputation for a party university, so I wouldn't worry :p:
Reply 9
Sorry but it's a slightly silly question. Of course students in Nottingham have fun, Nottingham is no different from any other student body.

Ok, I'm not from UK and unfortunately don't know many english people so explicably I've no idea how passes the time of the students at university. And as I heard that studying at Nottingham is really hard..I got confused :smile:
Reply 10
Retozadora
Ok, I'm not from UK and unfortunately don't know many english people so explicably I've no idea how passes the time of the students at university. And as I heard that studying at Nottingham is really hard..I got confused :smile:

Ok ,I'm sorry, I didn't realize you don't know England.
Nottingham has a reputation in England as a bit of a party town.
As a student you will have to find the balance of partying and working, this is universal. Nottingham students have fun, but they also work hard. It's up to you to find a medium in-between.
It depends on what course you're doing and how much studying you have to do to pass your exams (if you want to pass your exams).

If it's vet science expect to be working 9-5 with essays, revision and project work on top.

If it's history you're going to have several hours of lectures/tutorials per week with a bit of background reading thrown in on top.
The ones I bumped into in amsterdam seemed to be having fun :smile:
Reply 13
Also depends on what classification degree you are aiming for, if it's a first, I imagine you'll have significantly less time than someone aiming for a 2.ii or even 2.i, unless you have really good time management or are insanely talented.
Reply 14
Well I'll try to find the medium in-between studying and having fun!(students in my country usually have more fun than study so that's why I'm a bit scared and awe-struck by British educational system) I'm going to study law and beleive me I heard some awesome things about having to study even on Christmas Eve :smile:
Reply 15
Dan-IW
Nottingham has a bit of a reputation for a party university, so I wouldn't worry :p:

party university? isn't that a bad thing? i mean from an employer's point of view
All students at every university have time for fun.
Dan-IW
The OP is from Bulgaria, where the student population is probably quite different, so be fair.

Isn't that more Nottingham Trent..? I know people at both and I'd say the Trent people go out a lot more.
yeah they party hard......the night life here is great! There's alot of variety imo only leeds andmanchester are better.

However if you decide to live on campus don't expect any quality sleep.
AsphyxiateD
Isn't that more Nottingham Trent..? I know people at both and I'd say the Trent people go out a lot more.

Yeah that's true....notts oceana on tuesdays is trent night......some of those guys know how to party

But the stories i hear about the drunken stupidity in there halls...........:eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending