The Student Room Group

what are my chances?

Hi guys before I start writing i just want u to know that im no obsessed nerd who wants to show off his grades or whatever hes done to u.. i just wanna see what you have to say and how i could improve my chances of gettin into medschool.

Im in yr12 atm doin bio, chemistry, math, and german. Ive done my gcse's at the tehran international school and speak 3 languages fluently (german, iranian, and english) Ive got 2 A's (bio and chem) in my january modules and predicted AAAA for AS. As for work experience ive just done 12 weeks voluntary work as a learning mentor in a school for handicapped children and planning on doin shadow experience after my june exams. the problem is that the "gcse's" that ive done iran are not internationaly recognized as the school wasnt internationaly accepted. the syllabus however were very similar to the ones taught here... ive got recommendations and all that but do you think that this would put me in any kind of disadvantage compared to other students? do you have any tips to how i could further improve my chances?...

sry for the long text.. appreciate any comments
Reply 1
You done your studies in Iran! Wooo! lol, anyway, I think that you have to contact the different universities that you think you want to apply to. Most of them probably will accept alternatives to GCSEs from different countries, so you could definitely discuss that with them. You Work experience and A level grades look fantastic, so if the GCSE thing work outs you should be fine next year. Can I ask what the official name of the "GCSE" was that you gained in Tehran?
Sounds great, why did you even feel the need to ask?
Ditto the others everything seems perfect and you stand a good chance.

With regards to GCSE equivalent its best just to ring the institutions you want to apply to and ask them whether they accept your qualification in the absence of GCSEs, i'd definitely do this ASAP so you can organise where you want to apply well in advance.
Reply 4
@mkchelsea: nice to see iranians here lol... the "gcse's" i got were different from the national ones as of the international school thing. so i didnt do any "konkur" or pishdaneshgahi.. if thats what your looking for :biggrin:

thx for the answers I will definately write some uni's and see what theyve got to say :smile:
Reply 5
davoood
Hi guys before I start writing i just want u to know that im no obsessed nerd who wants to show off his grades or whatever hes done to u.. i just wanna see what you have to say and how i could improve my chances of gettin into medschool.

Im in yr12 atm doin bio, chemistry, math, and german. Ive done my gcse's at the tehran international school and speak 3 languages fluently (german, iranian, and english) Ive got 2 A's (bio and chem) in my january modules and predicted AAAA for AS. As for work experience ive just done 12 weeks voluntary work as a learning mentor in a school for handicapped children and planning on doin shadow experience after my june exams. the problem is that the "gcse's" that ive done iran are not internationaly recognized as the school wasnt internationaly accepted. the syllabus however were very similar to the ones taught here... ive got recommendations and all that but do you think that this would put me in any kind of disadvantage compared to other students? do you have any tips to how i could further improve my chances?...

sry for the long text.. appreciate any comments

Salaam hamshahrieh aziz! Khosh amadid beh TSR! :biggrin:

Personally, I would email the unis you are interested in, and hear what they have to say.
Reply 6
ahaha another one... merci dadash :smile:
yea sure will do.. just have to scan my documents and stuff

Latest

Trending

Trending