The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The spam in this thread is ridiculous. Stop it.
Reply 41
calcium878
The spam in this thread is ridiculous. Stop it.

Stop stealing our posts.
~style
Stop stealing our posts.

Errrr, stick to the H+R rules then...
Anonymous
Okay so im 17 and a gay guy and I absolutely hate it. I hate being gay - I hate that I like men if there was a pill I could take to become straight i'd the first in line.

Why do I hate myself so much :-(

I think alot of this has got to do with youth, i remember feeling exactly like that when i was in my teens, but slowly over time as you get to know more people this feeling will fade away as you become more confident in yourself. Being gay is hard, for sure, but would i take that pill now? not a chance and in time i think you'll look back and think how 'silly' it was to ever think like that, feel free to PM me :smile:
Anonymous
Okay so im 17 and a gay guy and I absolutely hate it. I hate being gay - I hate that I like men if there was a pill I could take to become straight i'd the first in line.

Because of society. Don't hate yourself, you are how you are, forget people that don't want to accept you. But I understand where you are coming from. I get feelings of hatred towards myself every day because of my sexuality. It really is society because when you talk to people that are accepting and they treat you nice you don't feel abnormal, you feel loved and integrated and start to love yourself. So the key is to accept yourself and find friends that accept you and forget everyone else and enjoy life.
Although I can't directly relate, one of my best friends is gay.

All through the middle secondary school years, we all knew really, but there were those who thought to take it upon themselves to make him feel like crap. Anyway, the story has a happy ending. He came out in the beginning of sixth form, and honestly he's transformed. He's got friends of both sexes who accept him for who he is and why shouldn't it be any other way? He's a damn lot more decent than a lot of other people I know.

The point is, is if you're honest with yourself and other people, no-one can really expect any more of you. If the bigots and homophobes want to think that they're better than you, let them continue in their ignorance. As you mature, people learn to realise that these superficial 'labels' mean absolutely jack ****, and you'll find a crowd of people who'll accept you for who you are. But you've got to accept yourself first, and thats the hardest part.
Blue Rose
Because of society. Don't hate yourself, you are how you are, forget people that don't want to accept you. But I understand where you are coming from. I get feelings of hatred towards myself every day because of my sexuality. It really is society because when you talk to people that are accepting and they treat you nice you don't feel abnormal, you feel loved and integrated and start to love yourself. So the key is to accept yourself and find friends that accept you and forget everyone else and enjoy life.

I compelety agree 100% with you Blue Rose (is this what inspired your question on a different forum)

It isn't you OP - it is society

I felt like you (and sometimes still do - there I admit it) and it is because society makes me feel like I ought to be attracted to women and when I am not it is like "what the hell is your problem ... " when they don't realise you don't have any problems.

OP - if you have any questions please please don't even think of hesitating to PM me.
If you mix with many people who are not gay, you will progress slowly and steer away from the gay norm. As for the blokey thing, try to get fit, join an mma or boxing gym.
Relegion also helps as it reminds you every time you pray.
Reply 48
Receive what God says you need - His Spirit within . . . he will lead you into all truth, which will set you free.

"whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it" (M't:16:25)

You have nothing to lose by giving it a try!
NJA
Receive what God says you need - His Spirit within

There are several interpretations of what that could mean ... :hubba:

NJA
You have nothing to lose by giving it a try!

Well if that is not an invitation - I don't know what is. :hubba:

So OP = even God says it is OK. :biggrin:
Reply 50
I dunno, I'm gay, but also probably the least camp person my friends know.
Mastermind`
Yeah but you're gay?

All the gay people I know are gay and proud!

I'm Bi but I am def not proud of it. My girlfriends might not want to befriend with me anymore if they knew that I fancy naked man/woman. :frown:
Anonymous
I'm Bi but I am def not proud of it. My girlfriends might not want to befriend with me anymore if they knew that I fancy naked man/woman. :frown:

I don't get why? being bi doesn't mean you'll suddenly cheat?!?!!?
Lord Hysteria
I don't get why? being bi doesn't mean you'll suddenly cheat?!?!!?

Girls do everything together, inc getting changed. They wouldn't allow me in the changing room with them if they knew that I like woman.
To them a bi/gay woman = a guy.
Reply 54
OP - my boyfriend is going through exactly the same thing at the moment. PM me and I'll do my best to help. :wink:

Anonymous

Reply 55
Mad Vlad
*coughs and points to wedding ring* Me and my hubby are happy and monogamous, thank you very much. Less of the "All", please.

Erm yer, I know - it is a stereotype, which I don't think is true and was wondering whether the other guy was basing his post purely on that
I was in the same situation OP. It's very common at your age. When you hit university or meet gay people who are just like you, make great gay friends and have a relationship with another guy you will think differently, and not care about your sexuality. I was absolutely devastated about my sexuality when I first came out to myself, and at the age of 20 I'm a very happy person and do not consider my sexuality relevant or important.
Agree with what has been said. PM the people who have offered and sexuality isn't a part of your personality unless you make it to be.

Yer, I have a gay guy friend who's very camp so you can see he's gay and it's a big part of him. But it doesn't have to be - it's just an aspect of you.

I think it also depends on how open minded your friends are etc, like some people would say wait til Uni. My gay friend only got some slack from some immature boys at school in our year, but it doesn't matter. He's happy and had boyfriends galore. No one cares though really.
Don't hate being gay. It is absolutely fine to be gay and when you find the guy you like you'll realise that. I am not blokey but straight and I spend hours in the bathroom, I like shopping, and love doing my hair!!! and I love women, and I am only attracted to women sexually and emotionally, but I am fine with being gay and think it is something that can't be changed, so please accept it.

If I was gay/bisexual I would accept it and I would have lots of fun.
Is it the way you feel sort of left out due to society being fixated with the female form and expecting all men to drool over it, OP? If so, don't be, you could join a uni LGBT society or go to gay clubs to meet more of your own preference?

Latest

Trending

Trending