The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
York - Send you a letter asking you to come to an interview and guaranteeing you an offer should you attend that interview (or is what happened to me)

Leeds - Apllied to do Chem / Maths and they made me an offer without an interview

Sheffield - Again Chem / Maths, 2 interviews - one in each department, really simple, more of a chat than an interview, in fact my interview in Chemistry lasted ages someone had to come look for me to make sure I'd not got lost trying to find the maths building!! Dr Maczek from the Chemistry department was really nice as I had some trouble attending my interview, then tried to re-schedule and it was my 18th birthday and they were ever so helpful finding a convenient day for me to visit.
Reply 21
I have just applied to study chemistry at Oxford and Bristol, and Medicinal chemistry at Imperial, UCl, Manchester and Warwick. I was just wondering whether you guys revised chemistry A-level stuff for the interview or did u just turn up and blag your way through it. Did you read ahead to the rest of the syllabus that u hadnt done in class, or just learn major parts of the AS syllabus again?
Reply 22
meawinner
I have just applied to study chemistry at Oxford and Bristol, and Medicinal chemistry at Imperial, UCl, Manchester and Warwick. I was just wondering whether you guys revised chemistry A-level stuff for the interview or did u just turn up and blag your way through it. Did you read ahead to the rest of the syllabus that u hadnt done in class, or just learn major parts of the AS syllabus again?

I revised the night before, but that was while watching bad girls, so it doesn't really matter if you don't, but just to help yourself out I would.

Latest

Trending

Trending