The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ugh i feel like **** that exam was so hard.. and i revised hard and ages for it too :frown:
i chose number 3 and thought part a went ok.. until i read ur post! and ur right we should;ve talked about the 2nd new deal, which i didnt do :frown:

part b i mucked up i think :frown: so many other people included other things that i didnt.. and i only made like 4 points throughout my essay.. but they were 4 detailed points so what do u think? and i had to rush the conclusion because i was running out of time :frown:

what mark do u think you will get? and what did you talk about in your part b?
i did q3

to be fair, he didnt do loads much different for the second new deal so it wont matter loads.

How did u like structure part b? I did the reforms of the banking systems, agriculture, the way they reduced unemployment (like WPA) and then a bit about the roosevelt recession and his balanced budget stuff.

Cant really tell whats right tho :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Am I the only person who did Q 4 then?!

First section, Agriculture in 1933, wrote about the situation in farming up to 1929 - 1932, then how each legislation combated it, AAA, Farm Credit Act, touched on the TVA (should have done more) and FERA giving money to farms and the Dust Bowl Crisis.

Second section, social groups hit, wrote about African-Americans (SSA, TVA, AAA leaving them out), Business Owners (NRA, Wagner Connery), Poor (SSA), Rich (tied in with the right wing) (Al Smith criticisms and Revenue Act, Unemployment (lowest figure pre WWII at 7.7million) and Farmers (Only anesthetised their situation).

Did 6.5 pages overall, thing is, I have no idea at all if I'm on the right lines, so I think I've either got an A or a U. Tbh, was expecting something more on whether the New Deal was an overall success or how there was criticism of FDR and the New Deal.
Reply 4
i think you are the only person who i know that has done q4 that has answered it quite correctly. most of my friends either screwed up part a (only talked about problems, like overproduction etc) or mucked up part b (they put women as social group..)
so dont worry about it, you seem like u did fine.
Reply 5
tractorboy1990
i did q3

to be fair, he didnt do loads much different for the second new deal so it wont matter loads.

How did u like structure part b? I did the reforms of the banking systems, agriculture, the way they reduced unemployment (like WPA) and then a bit about the roosevelt recession and his balanced budget stuff.

Cant really tell whats right tho :s-smilie:

my structure was- what was economic recovery, what wasnt
most of banking was, (except for the gold reserves/taking off gold standard etc), agricultural was mixed (AAA wasnt, farm credit was), WPA PWA and all the works progress stuff were short term fixes, unemployment, overfarming were still problems- talked about the recession indicating the short termness of it all, and mentioned that war as the ultimate recovery, and was not the new deal.

Latest

Trending

Trending