The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The UMS / Raw marks vary each year depending on how everyone does.

But this section is out of 45 UMS and the rest is on Module 3 which is 75 UMS
Reply 21
Have you got 2001-2004 past papers for the A2 practical, Milne?
Reply 22
useful_idiot
yes, i left my answer as 1 mole CuSO4:1.5 moles H2O...but it's like an equation where you double the values to get a whole number, thats how i tried to explain it, like an empirical formula calculation.

As i said, rounding down by nearly half a mole is, in my opinion, just stupid...but if that's the answer, gutted. 29/30 max for me.

and i, and most in my session at school for 132.2 for the Mr.

yeah, i see what you're saying
TheBoot
no 2CuSO4.3H2O is wrong, it asked for how many moles of h20 present with one mole of copper sulphate, it was correct to round down which is what i did.

:ditto:

Went well, I got most of it right from what I can remember, except the planning section - I used random figures of CuSO4 and Zn powder; 100cm^3 and 10g respectively.

:p: :biggrin:
Reply 24
merc123
Have you got 2001-2004 past papers for the A2 practical, Milne?

Sorry I only have the 2002 and 2003 papers. Hope this helps, sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.

All the best.

KJDM
I made a hash of the exercise 2 :frown:
Reply 26
Thanks a lot Milne, your the best.
Reply 27
Hopefully they'll repeat things from the old papers lol, thanks again.
used 25cm^3 of CuSO4, and whatever mass that means for zinc (0.38 I think?). BUTTTTTTT for got minus sign! cuz its exo! dayum

Oh and i had to ask for more HCL (cuz I ran out cuz I dodnt read 'dilute') only to realize 30 seconds later that I didnt need it! *******S!!!! lol

But ye, I ***** up the practical, so 25/30 for me I think. WHat does that scale to on UMS? ANyone know?
Reply 29
i completely messed up exercise 2. I got in a panic. oops... never mind.
Reply 30
How did you mess it up? Exercise two do you mean the planning?
Reply 31
In short, yes basically you would - as long as you described that on the fourth minute the temperature difference (deltaT) was between the extended extrapolation and line of best fit before the zinc was added.

If you did this and described as you just did I don't see any reason why the examiners should dock you marks, as I have done this also on a mock exam and got full marks.

It's always best to do examples though, so bare that in mind.

KJDM

Latest