The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tomorrow? It's Thursday for me. I have looked over the answers for 1 single past listening paper and memorised some useful words, such as "trabajo de canguro" (literally "work kangaroo"... i.e. babysit!), but that's about it.
Mine is Thursday too Tsovehr- are you doing AQA A? My teacher says that there isn't really much you can do to revise as obviously you can't really learn every single word of the language in this space of time, but to go over alphabet, number, adjectives, body parts and weather. I found this very useful, and the CGP Topic Based Exam Questions Workbook has it has an audio CD and some practice questions set out in the style of a GCSE paper. The Letts GCSE Spanish guide is also really good for vocab.
Reply 3
lil_miss_rapunzel
Mine is Thursday too Tsovehr- are you doing AQA A? My teacher says that there isn't really much you can do to revise as obviously you can't really learn every single word of the language in this space of time, but to go over alphabet, number, adjectives, body parts and weather. I found this very useful, and the CGP Topic Based Exam Questions Workbook has it has an audio CD and some practice questions set out in the style of a GCSE paper. The Letts GCSE Spanish guide is also really good for vocab.

Indeed I am :biggrin:

Good point with the alphabet etc. I did have the idea to revise adjectives (especially the ones with those damn annoying questions of P, N or P+N !), but weather, body parts, numbers, are probably likely to come up. Thanks :p:
Reply 4
Mine's on Thursday as well.
I agree with learning the basics well e.g. numbers, alphabet... because knowing those could pick you up the really easy marks.
The way I'm revising is learning lots of verbs and generally doing loads of practice papers to understand how it all works. I'm with Edexcel.
Tsovehr
Indeed I am :biggrin:

Good point with the alphabet etc. I did have the idea to revise adjectives (especially the ones with those damn annoying questions of P, N or P+N !), but weather, body parts, numbers, are probably likely to come up. Thanks :p:

No probs :biggrin: We did last year's listening paper in a lesson last week and it was all a bit...weird....it was like a Big Brother thing with them all talking about living in the same house and who they wanted to evict and stuff,and a lot of the questions were based on that, so it all seemed a bit random. I'm hoping this year's paper is a bit more conventional. There is always a P+N style question like you said, and I hate them on listening too because I always seem to miss the 'no' in front of the verb or can't understand the bit after 'pero' so I end up getting the complete wrong end of the stick. A good phrase that they like to throw in is 'pero no estoy de acuerdo (I don't agree), which obviously turns the whole positive/negative thing around, so that's something to listen out for.

I truly hate listening- it's definitely my worst skill, so I just want it to be over. I'm totally relying on reading to bump my marks up a bit hopefully!
Reply 6
Did anyone else have it today?
What was up with the back page?! lol
Yer I'm doing mine on Thursday too, how are you supposed to revise for it?
All I am doing is trying to learn key vocab what else could I do?
Yeah same, there isn't really much you can do to revise.
Try http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA3691WSG.PDFfor a really good list of vocab plus some listening/reading hints.
You could try listening to spanish podcasts to get some practice,
Notes in Spanish is quite a good one.
There are also quite a few on Itunes.

Can't find any mp3s for past papers they only seem to come with transcripts, however that can still help with vocab.

Got mine on Thursday =)
Thanks! thats a really useful website and since it is from AQA that must be the sort of vocab that is going to be on the test.
Reply 11
nuttygirl
Did anyone else have it today?
What was up with the back page?! lol

Yep I had it today - OCR? With stuff about that famous person on the last page - Why did she write biography etc?
Reply 12
koki234
Yep I had it today - OCR? With stuff about that famous person on the last page - Why did she write biography etc?

Yeah!
Her accent was so annoying lol
Reply 13
nuttygirl
Yeah!
Her accent was so annoying lol

Ha yeah lol :biggrin: Did you find it hard?
Reply 14
The last page was impossible, but the rest wasn't too bad. How did u find it?
Can you remember the table with Viajar o Vivir?

What did you put for the boxes?

The first one I put as tener ocio.......
Reply 16
Yeah! What does tener ocio mean? I put the first one, can't remember what it was. The table was bad!
i have no idea! For the last one the old man... did you put "encontrar trabajo"... because it didn't sound as if he had a good pension and he obviously needed money!

What are people thinking about the grade boundareis?
Reply 18
yeah, i think so. apparently tener ocio means having leisure.

duno, maybe about 43 a*, 37 a?
What did you put for the last questions?

For the second question I put "to be in the theatre" and for the third question I put "To wash and to iron" anyone similar?

Latest