The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
me too :frown:
although my teachers said at the end that even though i made a few mistakes it didn't impare the general understanding of what was supposed to be said so i hope that works in my favour.
Reply 21
I did the AQA A2 French speaking test recently! On Monday, in fact. Arrrgh it was horrible. I dont think I exactly screwed it up (I know that I am crap at French) but i still dont think I did great. We had a real conversation and I was talkign a lot, but I struggled with some words and Im sure my grammar was so terrible. I dont even think I sounded French! Anyway, I am going to concentrate on unit 4 now.....
Reply 22
I had the EDEXCEL interpreting for French on Tuesday and for Spanish on Thursday. Let's just say I thought French was bad until I did Spanish and then I found out what bad truly means!!!! Anyone else find the Sp interpreting hard?
Reply 23
nope, actually found it quite easy, or maybe I did a different one, what one you get?
What do you have to do for the OCR oral? Sounds pretty weird to me...

Oh, and I just remembered in my French oral that I said 'un gens'. Clearly nerves get the best of us all sometimes...:p:
jonnythemoose
What do you have to do for the OCR oral? Sounds pretty weird to me...

Oh, and I just remembered in my French oral that I said 'un gens'. Clearly nerves get the best of us all sometimes...:p:

You get given an "unseen text", like an article, that you have 20 minutes to "prepare"..ie highlight and try and think what you could possibly say about it. You have no idea what you're going to be asked.
You then discuss it for max. 6 minutes, the examiner asks you comprehension questions, like, "What is suggested in paragraph 3?" etc (In french/german/spanish of course) and then questions on the theme of it.
I absolutely HATED this bit, because you're just put on the spot, and if you don't understand a bit of it it's like..errr.

Anyway, then you have a conversation for max. 12 minutes on a topic of your choice (has to be an A2 topic) like education, environment, social issues etc.

Arrrghhhh. I had to do 2. :frown:
Reply 26
That sounds even worse than AQA!
Reply 27
oh no, AQA just take the piss, still havent got over my dismal performance, I reckon I need 2 100%'s in next 2 mods to actually get a bloody A
That does sound bad! :eek:

What about AQA's, anyone?
Reply 29
*Fool'sGold*
You get given an "unseen text", like an article, that you have 20 minutes to "prepare"..ie highlight and try and think what you could possibly say about it. You have no idea what you're going to be asked.
You then discuss it for max. 6 minutes, the examiner asks you comprehension questions, like, "What is suggested in paragraph 3?" etc (In french/german/spanish of course) and then questions on the theme of it.
I absolutely HATED this bit, because you're just put on the spot, and if you don't understand a bit of it it's like..errr.

Anyway, then you have a conversation for max. 12 minutes on a topic of your choice (has to be an A2 topic) like education, environment, social issues etc.

Arrrghhhh. I had to do 2. :frown:

I ddi this on OCR
I got asked about laicite so I was screwwwwwwwwwed
Reply 30
Yeah I've just done my oral and even though I think it went ok (teacher is external examiner so can't tell me) I can still remember all the mistakes I made. I can remember at least 2 verbs I didn't conjugate correctly and one case where my word order was wrong. I'm also starting to think I might have answered the wrong question at one point haha.

For one of my unpredictable questions he asked me why did I think Hitler hated the jews. For gods sake I haven't done history for nearly a year now. Thankfully I managed to remember the word 'Suendenbock' from somewhere so I just said something about how they were a scapegoat for Germany's problems or something. My other unpredictable was something about why did I think Anne Frank's diary why so successful which wasn't so bad.

Overall I think I've got a C or over but I'm really not sure whether it was an A grade performance. We'll see in the summer!

Latest

Trending

Trending