The Student Room Group
A02 marks are the marks you get for evaluating the different studies and theories. So you should be writing about the disadvantages of the study/theory, also the advantages of it.

Are you taking AS or A2?
Reply 2
Like nicnak said, it's basically evaluation. So, pick out what is wrong with things. Also, it can sometimes be for including studies, but not always. If your question mentions a person or gives you a real life example, you will get AO2 marks for applying the concept in question to the person in the question. (You know when they often write a paragraph about a person and then write "refer to the example" - it's that.)
Reply 3
I don't know about A2, but if you are doing AS, you need about two-thirds of your Part c answer to be A02 material.

A02 is basically evaluation and discussing the A01 material. So, for example, if the question is 'Outline and evaluate the multistore model of memory', you need to discuss the extent to which the Multistore model is supported by research, and then evaluate that research itself (eg. laboratory experients are articficial, but cause and effect can be established etc...). You can then go on to compare it to other models, eg. the Working memory model. That all counts as AO2.

For the social influence essays, for example, you can evaluate the validity, the ethical issues, the methodology etc.

For models of abnormality, you can usually talk about the model being reductionist, determinist etc.

In terms of how much to write, it doesnt have to be really long to get good marks. I usually write a page and a half of A4 lined paper, but i make sure a whole page of that is AO2 stuff.

Think about the methodolgy as well...so if you write that a study is correlational, you can automatically evaluate that by saying 'This means that cause and effect cannot be established. We can only say that .....is related to ...., not that it causes it, because there are many of factors which have not been taken into account' <----this all counts as good AO2.

You got the exam on friday? xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending