The Student Room Group

Just had an interview at Tesco

Just wondering...just had an interview at tesco and it seemed to go really well, she said i'd done great in the interview.

Then she said she is interveiwing until Friday so i was like wow she's got alot od people to interview then lol. Soo how many people do you think about they'd interview for one vacancy?

Also...if they are interviewing until Friday when do you think i should find out?

Reply 1
Tesco are likely to be employing 20 or 30 people at one time, so don't worry too much about that. You should probably not think about finding out until the second week after the last interview on friday. Sounds like you have a good chance so good luck :hugs:
Well is it just a Sales Assistant post? If so, I doubt they will just be hiring one person, they usually employ in bulk at the start of the Summer as it is a busy period for them. In this case you may well hear before Friday.

If it's for Manager/Supervisor then that's a different story!

Good luck!
Reply 3
Aww thanks! :smile:

She did actually say there was 3 vacancies...although i can only do two of them because one was a morning shift!

Yeh i guess i should just wait and see what happens next week!
Reply 4
When I had my interview I got a phone call that night, but I think I was in thelast rounds of interviews. So expect to hear something from Friday to Sunday Id say.
Reply 5
Woo i got the job!

Just wondering..what should i wear for my induction?

Also anybody know how much i'll get paid, i'm 17?? :smile:
Reply 6
You should of asked on the phone maybe give them a call back and ask?
Reply 7
I would imagine they will send you a job offer in the post with details of the employment. I am not sure how Tescos normally work it.
the pay is quite good, my friend got ten an hour on bank holidays i think its 6 somethign normally. or thats what it was at my local store anyway...best paid supermarket in my area for sure, bar lidl i spose...
Sorry it's late (I'm a tesco employee).

You'll find out rates of pay etc. at the Induction. Tesco's pay is pretty good and the annual pay review is due to be announced soon, so it'll probably go up in July. Rates do vary depending on, among other things, the format of the store, the job you're doing and your position.

They're not a bad company to work for and if you're there for a while and want to get on in the company then there are opportunities to do that (for example, I'm signing on in September for their Management training programme (Options) - PART TIME, but that's only because I'm sad!)

Do you know what department you'll be working in?
Reply 10
Yeh i've heard its quite good pay too! The woman told me its just over £5 but she doesnt know the exact pay because she couldnt find the sheets.

I'll be working in the non-food part, like toys, health and beauty etc :smile:

When i do my induction do you think there will be others there?

Also when i went for my interview she asked me if i had any holidays booked and i said no because i hadnt but i've now found out i may be going on holiday with my parents in August so should i mention that on my induction? I feel like she's gonna think i lied to her in the interview lol.
~chickydee~
Yeh i've heard its quite good pay too! The woman told me its just over £5 but she doesnt know the exact pay because she couldnt find the sheets.

I'll be working in the non-food part, like toys, health and beauty etc :smile:

When i do my induction do you think there will be others there?

Also when i went for my interview she asked me if i had any holidays booked and i said no because i hadnt but i've now found out i may be going on holiday with my parents in August so should i mention that on my induction? I feel like she's gonna think i lied to her in the interview lol.

There should be others there at your induction. The full rate is £6.28 (for a Tesco Extra), £6.25 (Superstore) - have no idea about the other formats. You're usually on a starter rate for the first 6 months.

Give them the dates you may be away at the earliest opportunity as it gives them longer to try and sort something out!

Latest

Trending

Trending