The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
KnightRider
Lol I got that completely wrong, I put "I despise that others fear I am dead".

i put that aswell, lets make love.
mcwazza
i put that aswell, lets make love.

Lol I see your at Ratcliffe.. I'm at LGS.
Reply 42
I thought it was pretty good. I knew the vocab list really well but only the very basic grammar. I just didn't understand the sentence with mavult. I couldn't work out what it was so I basically ignored it completely and wrote something along the lines of "You have just accepted a very brave man who was wounded whilst holding gold in his hands".
Meliae
I thought it was pretty good. I knew the vocab list really well but only the very basic grammar. I just didn't understand the sentence with mavult. I couldn't work out what it was so I basically ignored it completely and wrote something along the lines of "You have just accepted a very brave man who was wounded whilst holding gold in his hands".

I put "You want a man who has hands and gold but does not wound others' bodies". God knows how I got that, looking back...
Reply 44
candyflossangels
I put "You want a man who has hands and gold but does not wound others' bodies". God knows how I got that, looking back...

Lol. Everyone laughed at my translation too, but to be fair, no-one in my class had a clue what it said. Oh yeah, mine was actually "whose body was wounded". I'd forgotten that bit. I basically made the most coherent sentence I could out of the words I knew. I thought that was a summary of his story - that he was wounded in some way whilst trying to steal gold.
I wrote 'whose body has more wounds than gold in his hands' or something like that. Does anyone know what the answer actaully was?
Reply 46
RoadWarrior
I wrote 'whose body has more wounds than gold in his hands' or something like that. Does anyone know what the answer actaully was?

Yea a couple of people earlier said it was "who prefers to have wounds on his body than gold in his hands".
Meliae
Yea a couple of people earlier said it was "who prefers to have wounds on his body than gold in his hands".

yep that is right
Reply 48
that better be right, how did you find verse?

Latest