The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The corridors surely couldn't have been narrower than Lafrowda. I don't think you can get corridors narrower than that!

Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 81
They were at least the same, if not narrower. They certainly FELT narrower, especially when compared to Nash, Kilmorie and other accommodation of the same price..
Reply 82
Strange. Maybe it was me, but it seemed weird going into other flats... We were on the ground floor last year and our kitchen and 'dining room' seemed quite spacious.. going into other flats it just seemed a little smaller! Maybe just me.
Reply 83
also, moving out every term of catered would be hell i can imagine... do many people stay in self catered over the hols anyway or do people go home? Because if so I might as well go catered!
Reply 84
For the people who are in catered for the most part, its not hell when theres a Range Rover / Jaguar / Mercedes Estate / G Class / X5 / XC90 / Discovery / Horsebox to put all of your worldly goods in.

For us mere mortals its useful to have a place to keep unneccessaries over the Christmas and Easter holidays, not to mention an outpost if you fancy coming down this way for a little break. Weekend trips to Cornwall, its always proved useful.

Pretty much everyone I knew last year went home over the holidays. To be honest, its pretty much dead out of term time anyway. Usually only postgrads who stay around.
Reply 85
lol horsebox :rofl:

I wouldn't choose the fact of people not generally staying over the holidays in SC as a reason to go C. You get the storage space after all (often for less money than catered in total I might add, moving out is a pain in the nuts so to have the storage is much welcomed), and C vs SC is a huge lifestyle choice that isn't worth changing on such a superficial basis.
Angelil
lol horsebox :rofl:

I wouldn't choose the fact of people not generally staying over the holidays in SC as a reason to go C. You get the storage space after all (often for less money than catered in total I might add, moving out is a pain in the nuts so to have the storage is much welcomed), and C vs SC is a huge lifestyle choice that isn't worth changing on such a superficial basis.

I agree with Angelil :smile:
And another good thing about SC is although people won't hang around for the majority of the holidays, I've found it very useful being able to choose when I can move out/have my parents pick me up. I know many a catered student who have had problems because their parents havent been able to collect them by 10am on a Saturday morning for moving out for the holidays.
What happens if you live more than 2 hours drive away? What a palava!
I normally stay a few days after we break up and come back a few days earlier, just to chill out before going home to slog my guts out at Pizza Hut, and then to settle back in again before term starts.

Latest

Trending

Trending