The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
davidjones90
Need to sort my plan out AHHH

Anyone know any help website which shows how to draw slides?? I dropped art in yr9 as I couldn't draw to save my own life

are you an idiot?
you dont need to do art to draw a slide
Reply 21
lawrywild
Doesn't matter, Mam Phys isn't in the practical because it's an option

also does anybody think its stupid why unifying concepts is before mam phys?
so what we revise from? central concepts?

also will there be other questions like
what was innacurate?
how could you improve, something like that
Reply 22
twbenin
also does anybody think its stupid why unifying concepts is before mam phys?
so what we revise from? central concepts?

Yeah, Unifying concepts will ask you questions that required knowledge only from units 1,2,3 ( the whole AS) and 4 (central concepts) but knowledge from Unit 5 ( mam phys or appl. genetics..) can help you to understand better some of the scenarios.

I don't know whether this questions like " how can you improve" may be on the paper, but i think it is worth to have a look in some of the practical papers mark schemes just to be prepared ..
Reply 23
guys does any1 knw what to talk abt in precision , accuracy , reliability and validity ??? coz in physics precision is to do wid to wat degree does the equipment measure e.g digital thermometer is better than mercury thermometer ; accuracy is to wid human errors parralex and colours being subjective ; realibility is to do wid repeats and mean ; valid is aving a gud range ... so does this apply to biology practicals too ?? safe
Reply 24
SHALAWALA
guys does any1 knw what to talk abt in precision , accuracy , reliability and validity ??? coz in physics precision is to do wid to wat degree does the equipment measure e.g digital thermometer is better than mercury thermometer ; accuracy is to wid human errors parralex and colours being subjective ; realibility is to do wid repeats and mean ; valid is aving a gud range ... so does this apply to biology practicals too ?? safe

just find a mark scheme for a past practical paper, it'll tell you everything, tbh the mark scheme doesnt even change for that bit much at all.
Reply 25
some people on another web site were saying its going to be something to do with plants so they are revising all plant stuff from as to a2. how can plants be in it, i swear kineys n food tests n stuff is soooooo much more likely. whats more, our teachers have told us whats sort of stuff to revise but nuffin to do with plants....:s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 26
What website was that? Plants could be in the microscope section, but I don't why you would need to revise everything from AS and A2 on plants?
Reply 27
which past papers do you think are going to be most simular then
Reply 28
pretty sure its kidney and food tests. plant stuff has come up alot lately on planning so i dont think it will be that.
after messin up last years practical, ocr will play it safe so food tests will come up..spesh glucose..benedicts..homeostasis of glucose/insulin/gylcogen..etc.
&&& ii think it will be similar to june 2006 practical..which is almost identical to this years planning on urease and kidney. ;]
Reply 29
can anyone give us some past papers plz 2001-2008 jan plz with mark schemes. thx plz!
Reply 30
_Aladdin
some people on another web site were saying its going to be something to do with plants so they are revising all plant stuff from as to a2. how can plants be in it, i swear kineys n food tests n stuff is soooooo much more likely. whats more, our teachers have told us whats sort of stuff to revise but nuffin to do with plants....:s-smilie: :s-smilie:

i can't see it being on plants tbh, after looking at some past papers last years was heavily based on plants.

what website is the one you refer to?

microscopy may be on plants but it doesn't really feature in a2 like it does as?!

my bet is on enzyme experiment possibly realted to urea and kidney microscopy or pancreas.
Reply 31
Our teachers are tight lipped too, they won't look at the actual practical paper until we go into the exam on Tuesday! Thought they did get out slides of absolutely everything, liver, kidney, leaf, etc for us to look at.

We don't get any practise practicals because there are about 40 of us and the teachers say its too much work.
Reply 32
R u sure u wer looking at recent posts on this other website coz i gt confused with that once. I suppose its possible that they could ask us to compare protein uptake in plants with animals. Might be worth a look at transport section from as in plants but i dont see how else it could be related. Even this connection is a stretch. :s-smilie: the one with planning similar to this was on kidneys and benedicts. this year prob kidneys and protein test. Wot do u guys reckon?
Reply 33
No one should really know this but I feel that you should know as my school arnt too good at keeping quite, the practical is on succession and climax communities
Reply 34
lol. succession and climax in the PRACTICAL? or like the section b?
Reply 35
banksy1
the practical is on succession and climax communities

:O :s-smilie:
Reply 36
banksy1
No one should really know this but I feel that you should know as my school arnt too good at keeping quite, the practical is on succession and climax communities

lol i'm very doubtful, i cannot see how you can create a practical test for this which can be done in an hour?!?
Reply 37
R u sure its on succession. wot about kidneys? All the teachers have been on about this for the past couple of weeks with very strong hints. lol. is that the second part then?
Reply 38
succession and climax communities..obviously a joke
Reply 39
I hope so. lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending