The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AS was hard and boring. A2 is harder and more boring.
It depends what topics your teacher picks in my opinion. i love psychology in general but i absolutely hate animal cognition and the development modules... pro and anti social behaviour is great though.. i found A2 more boring and harder...
Reply 22
I liked psychology (aqa a) at AS level but I hate it A2. It is so much harder than AS compared to the difference in all of my other subjects. I got an A in AS but I have now had to neglect revision for my other subjects because I'm scared I'm not even going to get a B overall. I don't enjoy it at all and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Reply 23
Reply 24
It really depends. We haven't had many lessons at all due to teacher absences, and when she has been in it has been for us to look through the book and make an essay plan, without even having studied the topic. This has made it really difficult for me, and given that there are 27 topics to study for PYA4 and I had had no teacher input for this, I got quite stressed during revision.

However, saying that I do enjoy the subject itself, and find it really interesting when I'm reading about it, and it's good to talk to with people who haven't studied psychology. However the exams for A2 are a bitch, and I really don't think AS compares! But if you have had good teaching it will probably be good to take.

Also, if you are doing AQA A there's coursework which makes up 90 UMS, so that's an easy A for most.
Reply 25
h3artie
HAHAHA, AS easier than A2? You must be having a laaaaaaugh! For me and all my class it is ten times as hard. It's more enjoyable to learn the A2 material I think, but far more stressful and far more time you need to invest. I have been deeply into Psychology for about 6 six but A2 has slightly put me off of it. I'd much rather learn it outside of school without all this stress and pressure :frown:.

Yup I think it's such a fascinating subject, yet AQA really turn it into such a stressful experience trying to learn everything for the exam. I don't know why we can't just learn fewer topics in greater depth, perhaps?

But saying that, the new specification is an absolute joke; looks like GCSE!
Reply 26
if u dont like it now u probably wont like A2 its a bit harder n more complex
Reply 27
it's much harder at A2 and less enjoyable. I loved AS psyc but hated it in A2!
Im not sure there is enough difference that it is worth continuing if you hate as. it is still the same subject. why not ask your teacher what topics you will do next year?
Reply 29
Out of interest, people who say there was too much to learn for module 4 (AQA A) - did you study more than three topics then?

We originally did 5 in class but I only revised three, meaning I had them in much more detail with less to learn.
I do CIE and A2 is harder because some of the resources are university textbooks but it's alot more interesting.

Latest

Trending

Trending