The Student Room Group

Business Management 2008

Just had the exam a couple of hours ago, first exam out of every subject I believe. Anyway, how'd it go for everyone?

Personally, I thought I done alright, nothing special, just enough.

Section one completely caught me off guard, the stuff i revised never really came up and i had to use knowledge that had been stuck in there to pull me through. Overall i think i got around 30/50 for section one.

Section two however was much better i believe, still some tough questions in there and the topics i revised heavily didnt come up at all which i was dissapointed about. I done essays 1 and 3. I predict around 36/50 for both essays.

So i'm pretty confident of a B, however i really wanted an A in this subject. So hopefully i'm underjudging my predictions and i get over 70 for an A, or my prelim will bring me up to an A with an appeal :smile:
Reply 1
I had Business today aswell, must admit Paper 1 wasnt as easy as i had hoped. Was a bit unsure on the appraisal question for 6 marks and the entrepreurial structure but think i got at least half marks for that question. Overall i think i got between 33-37 for the first paper which is pretty good. As for paper 2, i was like what the hell, couldnt really see two questions i wanted to do, so went for 3 first which was quite easy,actually think a got about 21/25 for that bit, then i also decided just to go with number 1 which wasnt as easy, kinda ran out of time,think a got around 15-18/25 for that bit.
So overall i didnt i thought it was a bit tricky at times, and ive probarly either just scraped an A or got a B, hoping for an A but not too sure. Would be really dissapointed if i got a C though, since i got 85% in the prelim.
Reply 2
Yeah I think the paper was a little harder than previous ones, to be honest.
The entrepreneurial structure q caught me out big time! I can remember looking over it briefly but I didn't pay much attention to it - so that's an automatic loss of 4 marks! Alsoo I forgot to include Mark up ratio in the ratios question. Emm apart from that section 1 was alright, I've probably lost some marks here n there but it was okay. As for section two, i think most of the options were pretty fair. I chose 2 and 5 .. but didn't manage to fully answer the last two questions of question 5 due to time constraints!

I got 94% in the prelim so hoooppefullyyyy I'll still get an A for the exam.

Fingers crossed :p:
I quite liked it to be honest. Luckily i revised Appraisal the night before so i thought i done quite well. For section 2, i couldn't find any of the questions that i solidly knew so i opted for question 3 and 5.

Latest

Trending

Trending